Fleet Tracking Software

quickavenue

Hello! My name is Chris Jenkins.

My friends and I are launching a fleet tracking software startup and I want your advice.

• What are the most important features we should include?
  • How much should we charge per vehicle/month?
  • GPS transponder, cell phone tracking, both?

I'm looking forward to your answers and help.

1. Why do you think there's a need for your product in a market that is already flooded with such products?

2. What would make your product unique/different/superior to like products that have been on the market and in the customer's hands for several years already?

3. Why would you ask a bunch of truck drivers how they would prefer to be "tracked" by people who are already way too far into our personal lives?

Southern Fried,

Hey, thank you for your response.

1. I think there's a need for the product we're developing because the current options are way too expensive. We're looking to develop a solution that's much more affordable than the current options out there.

2. We don't necessarily have to compete uniqueness or superiority - we can compete on price. As of right now, we're researching the value propositions offered by other solutions, and we could easily replicate them all within a month's time.

3. I'm looking for the perspectives of people that own a fleet, not necessarily drivers with one truck, although I would still appreciate their perspective.

Sincerely,
Chris Jenkins

What we have right here, though I assume the OP had no thought of stirring it up, is the same sort of thing I was talking about in my "freedom" thread.

Now, you have us. The people who understand the principle of privacy. We understand that we have contracted our time, but that's all. In no way did we, nor will we ever, grant 24/7 access and control.

On the other side we have the "new breed" who think it's "Cool" to have every iota of their lives under observation via facebook, twitter, etc,etc. They've been groomed to believe that anyone who refuses to become welded to the ubiquitous cell phone is somehow "odd".

I'm sure the OP has no idea what we're talking about.

Gentlemen,

I realize now that this is not my target audience.

I was not looking to encroach on your freedom but to benefit from your wisdom.

Sincerely,
Chris Jenkins

• What are the most important features we should include? Son those are questions operations can better answer
  • How much should we charge per vehicle/month? Son, That is a better question for operations Dept.
  • GPS transponder, cell phone tracking, both? Most tracking devices these days use the cellular network. Way more accurate than the sats of way back.
  • I admire your entrepreneurial efforts but you are 20 years too late.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread