• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Fire at Swift Phoenix Terminal

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
Fire destroys semi-trailer cabs at southwest Phoenix facility

Cap. Larry Subervi said several vehicles caught on fire and crews were able to confine the flames, preventing further spread throughout the facility.

Video from Air15 over the scene near 75th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road showed five cabs were destroyed, with at least another four with visible signs of damage.

Semi trailer cabs?

Can't those f***tard reporters ever get anything right?

Wonder if it was a parked regeneration?
Maybe they can pass the word to CARB.

Wonder if it was a parked regeneration?
Maybe they can pass the word to CARB.
I saw a still picture that I can't find now that makes it look like they were trucks getting ready to go into service. I was thinking arson, myself.

Well it's five to nine less trailors that cause accidents on the road. Sorry Swift, not sorry.
Yeah.. That's productive.

Maybe you missed Inkeper's post saying these tractors were on their way to auction. They've already had their chances to be in crashes. The remaining ones look pretty straight to me.

...my better half.... ..signed onto Schneider... They don't have the best reputation.... It's a mega, but it's not as bad as its reputation might suggest.
I've heard these identical comments about Swift... from people who actually work for or with them... and have been with them for years.. decades, even.

Weeeeiiiiiirrrrrd!

Nah just took the opportunity to make a bad joke. Almost went with.. how did those drivers park the tractors close enough to do that? but went with mine. Ahh well, can't win em all. :)

And Kev isn't immune to me making jokes about the pumpkin patch. The other day while he was driving me to the grocery store I told him to "enjoy this moment, coz I will be a long time before you pass another RL truck..." because his regulated butt can barely overtake a bicycle.

If you can't handle being the butt of a joke, life ain't worth livin.

Last edited:
If you can't handle being the butt of a joke, life ain't worth livin.

Have you ever noticed that when you've heard the same "joke" repeated hundreds of times over a nine year period, it becomes tiresome and irritating, especially if it's aimed at something you're affiliated with? ...and also especially when the "joke" was actually meant as an insult in most cases? ...and when something terrible happens to someone and somebody else thinks it's okay to make a "joke" out of it? ...and when the person making the "joke" does so, seemingly in order to "fit in" with the "cool crowd?" ...and when the "joke" flops, it's not because it's poorly timed and tasteless, but rather, because someone affiliated with the "butt" of the "joke" can't "take a joke?"

I've found that very interesting, myself.

I don't think I would find a damaging fire like this "funny" regardless of who it affected. If a room in your home caught on fire, regardless of how amusing the events leading up to it might be (son lighting farts with his friends?) or how I might feel about the residents (It was Rosie O'Donnell's room? You had George W. over as a guest?) I would not see any humor in your loss. I would probably offer to help you set up a GoFundMe page and then donate a couple hundred dollars to get it started.

But that's the difference between me and a lot of people who find humor in someone else's difficulties.

I'm glad these were unoccupied trucks and nobody was injured. I'm appalled at some of the comments on the story Live Trucking published.

All of those things like "live trucking" and the myriad of trucker face book pages are just like channel 19 mostly sewage spilled from sphincters.

Main reason I do not bother with them or a radio.

Eh, it's just property and nobody was hurt so I have no guilt about making a joke or worry about whether or not someone thinks its funny. If the truck belonged to someone here, or someone I knew, clearly I wouldn't have been insensitive. I'm not worried about being PC, poorly timed and tasteless is more my style. Some people like my humor, some don't. We can agree to disagree, it wasn't meant to insult anyone. Considering the audience here, I'm pretty sure most people have thick skin.

Making a joke about swift trucks causing accidents may not be funny, but it's not against the rules nor is it directly offensive. If you drive for Swift and you cause accidents, own up to it. If you don't, then it doesn't apply to you and you have no reason to be offended.

It's not my problem you've heard the joke 9000 times and don't think it's funny. Don't like my humor? Don't read my post. What's the big deal? Who really gets that upset about someone making a joke about their carrier? This is trucking, that's a daily occurrence. (Especially if you drive for Swift.)

And while I have no desire to sit at the "cool kids table" as you make reference to, it is clear that you are an established group of friends here and while I don't need to feel cool, I've only made an attempt to meet and talk with some new people who can relate to what I do and encounter at work. But shunning someone for making a lame Swift joke kind of makes it seem like you're keeping track of the "cool kids table," hun. It's not my style nor has it ever been my intention to make people feel bad about themselves or what they do from day to day.

Last edited:
Nobody was injured in the fire. I'm not sure of all the ins and outs, but since Swift is self insured, it will be a tax write off. Lord knows that large companies need every last one they can get. Since I read those trucks were headed to auction, Swift will probably actually profit from the loss. I think it is okay to joke about things after the smoke clears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread