Fatal Truck Wreck Brings Federal Lawsuit

Mike

The family of a Whitehall Township woman killed in November when a tractor-trailer struck the Fullerton Avenue overpass on Route 22, sending a cargo container crashing onto her car, filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against the trucker and the trucking company Tuesday.

The family of Michelle Lamaze, 42, of 232 Mickley Road, is seeking an unspecified amount in survival claims, punitive damages and court costs from Vidov Trucking, the Indiana-based hauling company that owned the truck, and trucker Robert Kostadinov, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court, Eastern District.

Joseph Lamaze, her brother, brought the case on behalf of her estate and her 13-year-old son, said attorney Mark K. Altemose of Bethlehem, who filed the suit.
Full Story
View attachment 317

We don't post truck wrecks as they happen, but when they turn into potentially big news like this, they need to be mentioned.

condolences to that family hope they win for the childs sake. is there an update on the trucker that was shot just b4 christmas in tx.did the ex utah cop die or is he in jail is what im asking

is that bridge really 13'10"? i know allot of bridges are not what the signs read.
if the road under the bridge has been paved over that could have taken away some of the hieght.
my truck and trailer is 13'4" and there are some bridges that say 13'8" and i cant get under them.

im just sayin................

is that bridge really 13'10"? i know allot of bridges are not what the signs read.
if the road under the bridge has been paved over that could have taken away some of the hieght.
my truck and trailer is 13'4" and there are some bridges that say 13'8" and i cant get under them.

:beep:

How would you know you can't get under it?

Did it take the top of your trailer off? :biglaugh:

yes as a matter of fact i did. and i made the state pay for the repairs since they did not remark the bridge.

That's a good post for new truck driver questions.
I bet there's a lot who wouldn't think of that happening - paving a few times higher, I mean.
Now, don't get mad, is that why the name Dayripper?:headscratch:

That's a good post for new truck driver questions.
I bet there's a lot who wouldn't think of that happening - paving a few times higher, I mean.
Now, don't get mad, is that why the name Dayripper?:headscratch:

Hard packed snow under a bridge will also change the height...:thud:

BTW, before I am asked...yes I found out the hard way....took two latches off my tank like this...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread