EVERY DRIVER OUT THERE

J.R.

GOOD MOURNING TO ALL:im new to this site so let me say this first , i do not mean to offend anyone but i do have a big mouth and if i think it needs to be said so be it .
i have noticed on this site that one man seems to be doing it all, he is giving his time , his efforts, his money to try to make a difference in this buisnes and as far as i can tell he has gotten very little support if any now in my humble opinion that is just wrong. why ? well there are probably as many reasons as there are drivers but none of them are woth while dont cost a damn thing to say thanks or i apreciate it and to think about it dosent take a lot of time either and that is sad.
now ive been out here a long time probably to long and i have seen a lot of changes in this buisnes bothe good and bad and the worst change that i have seen is the drivers themselves, in the old days wasent anything to see a driver stop and lend a helping hand when needed or even feed a driver when he was down and out or give some much needed advice some body tell me what the hell happened to the truck driver.we used to be called knights of the road now we are called sob , rambo, dirt bad,or just another truck driver. does anyone really like that or the reputation that goes with it i damn sure dont
ive seen companys go under and a few times ive seen a federal martial lock the doors on a company with the owner oeperators truck inside and he couldnt even retrieve his own truck i think if i remember right there were 40 of them, what happened , drivers happened we all and i mean all got together and fed them gave them money for a shower and basicaly took care of them for two weeks and a few that were lucky enough to get there trucks help them find a new lease, NOW TODAY would that happen? i doubt if one would even look at them they would simply walk on buy. now you guys really think that is a good thing i doubt it , would you have offered to help? i doubt it you all have more important things to do, or you cant afford it or the one i like the most is ITS AGAINST COMPANY POLICYnow can you imagine that.
i remember one time years ago one of the few times i drove or tried to drive for a company i was told it was against company policy to stop and help another driver who happen to be broke down beside the road and if i did i would be fired,i simply replied no i wont be fired i dont work here and walked out now i didnt realise it at the time but several other drivers overheard the conversation 7 quit there jobs and walked out with me . now that made me feel pretty goodand ill never forget it . would that happen today HELL NO we all have bcome to much in love with ourselves.
now i can go on about things like that that happened years ago and they were a lot my pont is would it happen today,NOT A CHANCE everyone seems to be afrais of the company they drive for they dont want to lose ther job there making so much money REALLY i doubt it your just job scared why i havent a clue.
but once in awhile you find some one willing to stand up and try to change things on his own, one such as SILVER SURFER and a couple more im sure that i dont no, these guys have put a lot of time and effort not to mention expense to develop this site to try to help us all and this industry not to mention the public, you would think they have got a lot of support from fellow drivers NOT. now i have read that they are thinking of quitting they have become so discoraged because of the lack of support and interest they have about had enough. that is just plain WRONG they have been trying to organise and help you and this industry and they have done a damn good job to this point it would be a same to turn our backs on some who is trying to do good for all of us not to mention turning our backs on a friend and a fellow driver.
a word of encoragement and a thank you can go aong way and it dosent cost a thing and you wont even get fired from your job and if you do you have no buisness working there in the first place.
think about it it just might do us a lot of good and it certainly wont hurt a bit.
now im just a grumpy old truck driver with a big mouth that never went to truck driving school so you guys can do whatever you think is right but you might think about it .
J.R. HORTON
TRAVELING HELLS HIGHWAY

It's ok we all have mouths and allll use them. So feel free to run yours accordingly cause ours never shut up! lol And I am sure you are not going to like what I am about to say but I am just a mouthy female and here it goes:

For your information, 1 man is not doing it all. The 1 man has a lot of people backing him, myself included.

You don't think we have support and haven't accomplished things? United together? Then check this out:

MySpace.com - Trucker Strike - 25 - Female - USA, Kentucky - www.myspace.com/truckerstrike08 MYSELF with over 2500 people backing me, I am not a man either. I am a woman just to clarify things. I don't know how many people that are backing up everyone else in their efforts but mine are right there on my page. Google TRUCKER STRIKE, I am number 1 on the list.
I can also be found on:
Twitter / truckerstrike08

The American Driver SilverSurfer and MICHAEL JB SCHAFFNER, google it

Welcome to the Front Lines Driver - United CDL ( DOT ) org OverTime

Drivers Alike - Welcome Drivers alike Lee

There are a lot of people out there pushing for change, these are just that have take the time to help make the industry better and extend their hands to everyone out there, citizens included. I see some people that don't give a crap about truck drivers and others do. If you don't believe me check out the pics on my myspace. People from the communities are giving thumbs up to drivers, holding up signs for support and writing on their personal vehicles. I don't turn my back on people that need help in anyway, driver or not. I encourage everyone to "pay it forward" when I do help out, I just wish others would do it too.
I also help people find jobs, leases and anything else they need like schools. So all the people out there aren't all that bad. :)
When we are loading, if the wind is beating the driver to death, I will help him pull his tarps, I don't mind a bit to help a stranger. Offer the driver in front of me money because he left his wallet in the truck and is trying to pay for food. People out there help, maybe not very many. I can at least say I am one of them. :)

I am not completely sure about the meaning of the entire post there and I am new so I don't know what changes are required but I will say that I offer assistance on a regular basis in any way I can. I just the other day was driving along and happened to look down a side street and saw an older couple trying to get a tire off thier car. I hooked a right at the next street, went around the block and stopped. I asked if I could help and they allowed me to change the tire for them. They tried to give me money but I refused and drove away. My current situation may not leave me in a position to be of much help financially to anyone but where I can I offer. Hope I make a good trucker.

It is good to stop and help BUT there are certain situations where you DO NOT stop. Call the police and send them. People have been known to whack truck drivers and steal their truck and trailer.

now i wrote this blog , pos are whatever you call the rhing BUT as i stated i didnt entend to offend anyone aparently i did o well such is life.
but i in no way was in any way putting down women drivers that aint gonna happen they have nothing but respect from me they do a helluva job, as far as my space i dont go there at all to many kids and to much trash in my computer.
and i didnt mean to emply that only one man was trying to organsie , but i did mean not enough are trying to help and that still goes.
as far as the hand that dosent undertsand my point well you dont understand because you dont want to and it dosent matter to me believe what you want , i didnt go to truck driving school so i might not be abel to explain it right .
as far as stopping to help , have we all became so afreaid of what we do that we cant help some one because of fear now that is sad .
enough said believe as you will. -------j.r. horton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread