Espar Airtronic Diesel Heaters

** Commie Express **
Premium
Skateboard submitted a new resource:

Espar Airtronic Diesel heaters - General Knowledge of Espar/Airtronic Heaters

View attachment 23777
I figured I would post everything I know about the Espar/Airtronic heater. By the way, they are the same.

If you pull the unit out yourself you can waltz into just about any Thermo King dealer and get it completely rebuilt for around $360. It takes about 1/2 to an hour. That price includes replacing EVERYTHING inside with new parts.

If your unit is not starting up and blowing white smoke, 99% of the time it's your exhaust, air intake or fuel line that has a hole...

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• ai1064.photobucket.com_albums_u380_sbooth1_eber_d4_zpse65fc26f.jpg
    ai1064.photobucket.com_albums_u380_sbooth1_eber_d4_zpse65fc26f.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 334
info is much appreciated. I have an airtronic running off of kerosene from a passenger side step tank. it blows hot air very well. have only used it once but that one time the fumes were pretty strong.
woke up with a headache. got worried so I got a carbon monoxide detector and put it up to be sure. still the fumes are a bit strong. any suggestions. bought the truck 18 months ago and don't know the maintenance for my unit.
thanks.

Something aint right if you're smelling fumes from it. It's possible you might have a crappy installation of either the Espar, an APU, or inverter supply cables that resulted in a larger-than-necessary & unsealed hole in the cab and exhaust from the Espar is getting pulled in through that hole.

If that's not the case, and there's no smoke coming from the Espar that you can see while standing by the catwalk, there's something internally wrong with the heater or it's exhaust plumbing.

Ya, something is not right. The combustion chamber may be cracked. Does it blow white smoke starting up sometimes? If you have the money I would have Thermo King look at it and maybe rebuild it.

And put that carbon monoxide detector somewhere in the middle of the cab, ... hang it from the curtain in the middle or something so it's not against a wall.

if your unit goes into a start up, DON'T shut it down until it has run for at least 10 minutes. This will cause it to shut down with raw fuel in the unit and carbon up. I don't even like turning my bunk heater on until I KNOW I am shut down for at least 30-60 minutes. I also know how to by-pass my "stand-by" mode on the truck. And since I own it, I am fine with that option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread