Environmentalist, OOIDA member, strikes back at EPA

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association threw a curve ball in a recent congressional oversight hearing on the recently unveiled fuel economy standards for heavy-duty trucks.

When asked to testify before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, the Association’s leadership looked at its extensive membership lineup of potential witnesses and tossed the ball to Scott Grenerth.

Grenerth is a 10-year trucking veteran whose passion is environmental stewardship. Before moving into trucking, he worked for years in environmental education. He and his wife were married on Earth Day in 1995, and to show their commitment to the planet they changed their last name to Grenerth – pronounced “green earth.”

It wasn’t 15 minutes into the opening statements of the early October hearing that Grenerth zinged the Environmental Protection Agency’s fuel economy standards for heavy-duty trucks.

“While trucking is my career, environmental stewardship is my life’s passion,” Grenerth said. “So you might assume that I support the Heavy-Duty Truck Rule. However, I am strongly opposed to this one-size-fits-all regulation and the mandates it places on trucking.”

full story

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread