Trucking News: Emerge raises $20 Million to take its digital freight marketplace for truckers up a gear

Mike

Trucking is currently the most popular mode of transporting freight in the U.S., accounting for around $12.5 billion of the $17 billion freight market, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. But with thousands of small and single-vehicle operators and legacy (often paper-based) systems underpinning communications, it’s also one of the most inefficient.

Now there are signs that this is changing. A startup out of Phoenix, Ariz. called Emerge, which has built a platform for shippers and brokers to find and allocate truck freight more effectively across the long tail of available truck-based carriers (a little like a Flexport but for trucks), is announcing a round of $20 million, funding it will use to continue building out its technology, as well as to keep expanding business.

I hope this money actually helps the product improve, because it has seemed like nothing but junk to me so far.

How it works (sort of).

• They will email me with a load they have available.
  • Click on the link, and you can make an offer on the load.
  • the step above is the furthest I have ever made it because everyone's offers are there for public view, and it's nothing more than a race to the bottom to win the load for a crap rate.

Sounds like a glorified UShip. I'm signed up there but like you noted...a race to the bottom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread