Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

I proactively slid the 5th wheel all but 2 holes to the rear yesterday. Or Saturday. I forget which.

Places it about the same as the Ford all the way back. Didn't seem to have any clearance issues with it. But now I have some frame to wash and paint.

Truck probably needs an alignment and the headlights are garbage but otherwise so far so good. Rides really well, hauls ass when you want it to, and doesn't play the coasting in neutral games like the DT12.

Oh and the jake brake is 🔥.

Only averaged 5.6 mpg per the computer but it has absolutely no aero and I wasn't easy on it. I got less out of the Ford going a lot slower.

Once I go through the dashcam files I'll find something to share.

My ELD decided to SNAFU so I'm gonna be LATE because I need a real break and can't fake one.

Usually you can yard move your way around for 30 mins and get your On Duty 8 hour reset but when I choose that status it doesn't "take." Only wants to do regular On Duty so every time I move the truck it triggers.

Appointment times only mean something when ya happen to be "Late".

Show up early though they'll make ya wait an hour or 2 because ya came early.

But be late it's call Dispatch and Re-Schedule.

Hate to say this but that's how it works
My appointment was for 2pm. I arrived at 3:47 and they gave me a door right away.

I took a WAG which door it would be and staged myself a few feet backed to it before going into the office.

It was a good guess so open doors, bump it, lock it down.

So yeah despite being hella late...

My appointment was for 2pm. I arrived at 3:47 and they gave me a door right away.

I took a WAG which door it would be and staged myself a few feet backed to it before going into the office.

It was a good guess so open doors, bump it, lock it down.

So yeah despite being hella late...
If you were late and got ya right in.

That means ya had something "important" and they really needed it.

I had a shot at being on time what with a 75mph truck and everything but issues with the ELD (turned out to be my fault) and them having me bring an empty to their lot instead of the rail pushed me back.

I might have still been late but not this late.

I have no concept of how busy these customers are during the day because I had always hit them at night.

Btw as far as Early this only worked a handful of times for me

I'd pull up and start Apologies to guardshack.

Gosh I'm so "sorry" I was late.

Your appointment is tommorow afternoon.

Welp my Dispatch told me be here today and 15 minutes early.

I know they tell me that so I won't be late

Nope I got the sheet right here.

As I said that only "worked" roughly a handful of times in recent memory.

Had to make a special trip to buy freaking load bars to secure toilet paper the other day. Fortunately they let me drop the trailer while I went shopping.

Today I have an unload with a load bar. So I said toss that sucker back in the trailer when you're done. She's also gonna give me some more load bars and straps.

I'm hoarding this shit now. 🙄😒😃

I'm allergic to going out and spending money, reimbursed or not, on shit most places don't want and can't give away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread