Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

Got lucky fueling at Flying Hook in Carlisle again. Nobody seems to know the last pump exists because it's not under the canopy. Every other lane had at least 2 trucks and this one had zero.

That let me get my 50 gallons before my first stop, a live, and still be an hour and 12 minutes early. She gave me a door as soon as I arrived, and 2 seconds after I finally bumped it the light turned red.

Now I can scoot over to York again after this without adding a delay for fuel...or worse...going out of route...since they opened up Rt 30 and it's a straight across shot (sortof).
What are you talking about? From Carlisle you go down 83 to York.

Do you mean from Chambersburg you can run 30 to York through 4 score and 7 years ago town?

What are you talking about? From Carlisle you go down 83 to York.

Do you mean from Chambersburg you can run 30 to York through 4 score and 7 years ago town?
Yes you can run across 30 the entire way from Chambersburg and the biggest hill is what we call Tick Tock and it's sort of nothing.

Time wise it's about the same when you don't have a ton of climbing power or cruise speed, but it's easier on your truck.

Yes you can run across 30 the entire way from Chambersburg and the biggest hill is what we call Tick Tock and it's sort of nothing.

Time wise it's about the same when you don't have a ton of climbing power or cruise speed, but it's easier on your truck.
I ran it from Chambersburg to Gettysburg once. I don't remember where I was going but I was empty and I think I went north on 15 and saw some big empty fields with civil war cannons or something. It's been a few years. More than ten.

Did they take the signs down in Gettysburg?

I remember barely making it through that stupid roundabout in the middle of Gettysburg and finding out later that there was some kind of restriction.

What I'd like to know is what happens when we go east on 30 from Breezewood.
You crash and burn.
Very bad hill with alot of S curves...
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who was messing around and died.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You crash and burn.
Very bad hill with alot of S curves...
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who was messing around and died.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
It'll be fine. Just set the cruise at 35 mph like Birch says. 😁

Just slightly over 8 hours all in today including the commute both ways.

I worked about 39 hours total. Little more than I like but that's based on my elog and I'm logging my drives to and from the rail. Dunno if that's technically personal conveyance or not but eh.

I even logged the trip to the post office with the truck to get my mail. Fuggit.

I'd be willing just like other rail drivers are willing but it's not fair to compare it to any other line like OTR or heavy haul.

Most rail folks will openly discuss it with other rail folks because we're all doing the same thing in the same location.

But I don't want to open up the discussion for some OTR guy running 650 miles a day to bloviate about how much more he makes and how much better that makes him, etc etc etc.
F the OTR guy - especially a company driver, because he’s an Apple not an Orange.

Like you said, you put in about 40 hours this week, park at the house. I’m still interested in the revenue for time/day.

Your call. You seem very guarded on many fronts. I just think it benefits others that may choose your route.

I’d love to be home every day. My path prevents that from happening.

Schneider always got the shitty customers that would know they get 2 hours free and keep you for 1hr 59mins.
OooH that use to **** me off when I hauled cans out of town.
I would sit there and the truck had not bounced even once. I would go inside and say hey are you guys going to start loading anytime soon?
Well we have 2 hours to load for free.
Yeah, it's free for you and free for me I ain't making any money sitting here.

F the OTR guy - especially a company driver, because he’s an Apple not an Orange.

Like you said, you put in about 40 hours this week, park at the house. I’m still interested in the revenue for time/day.

Your call. You seem very guarded on many fronts. I just think it benefits others that may choose your route.

I’d love to be home every day. My path prevents that from happening.
Thanks. But yeah I'll remain guarded based on past experience.

OooH that use to **** me off when I hauled cans out of town.
I would sit there and the truck had not bounced even once. I would go inside and say hey are you guys going to start loading anytime soon?
Well we have 2 hours to load for free.
Yeah, it's free for you and free for me I ain't making any money sitting here.
I swear some of them must do a line of coke after removing each pallet. They'll yank one and it's like...did they storm out and quit? Oh wait no they're back again.

Ran into the short shorts chick at the same customer today and yesterday.

We make about the same time from rail to there. She uses her power to run the long way and I use my finesse to run the short way. She can't take the sharp turn on the shortcut coming up from 30 because she's in a W900L with a studio sleeper. I just make space and hook more than a 90.

She was also surprised they hired me on with a truck I hadn't already been using elsewhere first.

I just shrugged.

Long, long time ago, I was trying to get to someplace in PA.
I checked the map that PA issues about 102'wide and it said I was ok. I checked the Rand McNally atlas and it said I was ok. The GPS said it was ok.
Holy shit! Not even enough room in the lane to avoid the rock cuts with the trailer and not have the tractor over the center line. Am I supposed to be on this road? I saw other trucks coming the other way so it might be alright.
I double checked my route when I arrived at my destination. Didn't see anything saying I could't be on that road.

Some of the back roads in PA can be pretty gnarly.

Long, long time ago, I was trying to get to someplace in PA.
I checked the map that PA issues about 102'wide and it said I was ok. I checked the Rand McNally atlas and it said I was ok. The GPS said it was ok.
Holy shit! Not even enough room in the lane to avoid the rock cuts with the trailer and not have the tractor over the center line. Am I supposed to be on this road? I saw other trucks coming the other way so it might be alright.
I double checked my route when I arrived at my destination. Didn't see anything saying I could't be on that road.

Some of the back roads in PA can be pretty gnarly.
Center lines in PA are just a recommendation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread