Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

It's an LTL truck.

Ya know,... Like Old Dominion and ABF. 😁
Yup. That reminds me I need to take my passenger seat out and get some wraparound sunglasses.

They offered me a job once doing Meijers but they Hair Test and I had smoked pot around that time

You can "Beat" a PEE but hair follicles stay 6 months even a year
Ironically my first experience in Hair Follicle testing wasn't even trucking.

20 years ago Citation Casting Corp did that to work in the Foundry..

Trucking is "ultimately" gonna Adopt that

Yeah I can math. I just don't feel like sharing.
I wish you would - it helps others that may be considering following in your claw steps.
I put out there what I want to put out there.
I put it all out there on the thread I maintain since I started - just so folks have an idea what is all involved.
But it’s not rude to ask about money when you brought the subject up.
Agreed. I’ve shifted to a mentality of revenue per day/hour spent in the truck. I’d be interested to know the details.
Dispatcher asked me about my truck because apparently he keeps getting asked.

So I texted him a couple pics.
That’s cool. People have an affinity for older gear. I didn’t buy an older truck to look cool, but it’s surprising that others find it cool.
Grain will max out weight long before it cubes out. A 53 weighs more than a 40 therefore it will take less grain to max a 53 out than it would a 40. 53’s are about cubic feet. That actually hurts you on heavy products.
Hauled maybe 3 loads to town for a friend in his day cab, 48’ trailer 3/4 full of soy beans - 109,000 gross. Surprised the heck out of me.
If I didn't have anything important to do, I'd be listening and asking questions. Screw that day's revenue.
That’s the attitude.

Good to see you’re trucking now. B.

I wish you would - it helps others that may be considering following in your claw steps.

I put it all out there on the thread I maintain since I started - just so folks have an idea what is all involved.

Agreed. I’ve shifted to a mentality of revenue per day/hour spent in the truck. I’d be interested to know the details.

That’s cool. People have an affinity for older gear. I didn’t buy an older truck to look cool, but it’s surprising that others find it cool.

Hauled maybe 3 loads to town for a friend in his day cab, 48’ trailer 3/4 full of soy beans - 109,000 gross. Surprised the heck out of me.

That’s the attitude.

Good to see you’re trucking now. B.
I'd be willing just like other rail drivers are willing but it's not fair to compare it to any other line like OTR or heavy haul.

Most rail folks will openly discuss it with other rail folks because we're all doing the same thing in the same location.

But I don't want to open up the discussion for some OTR guy running 650 miles a day to bloviate about how much more he makes and how much better that makes him, etc etc etc.

Had an hour and a half wait today because I was early. I had a 10am live but didn't want to chance anything since it was 42k of junk mail going to a USPS distribution center. Fortunately they took me 30 minutes early and had me done in 30 minutes, so I was already leaving when my appointment started. Only really lost an hour on that one, and purely because I had no chassis or truck issues. So, a good kind of early.

Only other delay today was stopping for fuel, chicken, and potato wedges. It was where I usually get my non-ethanol gas so the owner recognized me and came out to say hi, and my dad visited while I was parked there.

That kind of stuff makes your day but never happens as a night driver.

I legit love having the truck at my house, eating breakfast every morning in my house while it warms up, and then jumping in with my coffee and rolling.

I know a lot of y'all have been doing that for years so it's no big deal but I haven't. I've packed my POV, commuted, unpacked my POV, packed the truck, ran all day, unpacked the truck, packed my POV, commuted since I got my CDL...and being a night driver basically on my own for basic repairs, the more problems I came across, the heavier my go bag got.

Life is different when you don't have that daily trudgery.

I legit love having the truck at my house, eating breakfast every morning in my house while it warms up, and then jumping in with my coffee and rolling.

I know a lot of y'all have been doing that for years so it's no big deal but I haven't. I've packed my POV, commuted, unpacked my POV, packed the truck, ran all day, unpacked the truck, packed my POV, commuted since I got my CDL...and being a night driver basically on my own for basic repairs, the more problems I came across, the heavier my go bag got.

Life is different when you don't have that daily trudgery.

It’s a hell of a lot nicer having your own truck. The quality of the job is very much improved at that point.

Got lucky fueling at Flying Hook in Carlisle again. Nobody seems to know the last pump exists because it's not under the canopy. Every other lane had at least 2 trucks and this one had zero.

That let me get my 50 gallons before my first stop, a live, and still be an hour and 12 minutes early. She gave me a door as soon as I arrived, and 2 seconds after I finally bumped it the light turned red.

Now I can scoot over to York again after this without adding a delay for fuel...or worse...going out of route...since they opened up Rt 30 and it's a straight across shot (sortof).

Drop and hook is way overrated. Most of my stops are done almost as fast as a drop and hook. Not all, but most.
I'm usually quick with a drop and hook because I've been doing it soooooo much the past 5 years but the effort level is higher. So I'm cool with these 30-45-60 minute waits with the same trailer.

Schneider always got the shitty customers that would know they get 2 hours free and keep you for 1hr 59mins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread