Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

I've never seen a picture of you, so my theory is that you look like Doug from the Liberty Mutual insurance commercials. :D

Yup.... my pet emu takes care of navigatin in the truck and stopping traffic before backing into places :biggrin-2:

I've never seen a picture of you, so my theory is that you look like Doug from the Liberty Mutual insurance commercials. :D

Those ads are so annoying! I suppose that is the point of the ad agency and Liberty to get into my head and make me remember their ads.
It makes me NOT to ever buy insurance from them.

Why can't Liberty just be cool and funny and less annoying like Farmers?

Why can't Liberty just be cool and funny and less annoying like Farmers?
Because by th' time they tell you yer credit score sucks too bad fer Farmers, th' only thing you'll remember through th' fog 'o bein' too POd fer words is them feckin' Emus...

Are you sure the lines are totally clear of obstruction?
Yes. I removed it all, disassembled it, blew air through each individual component, then reassembled it and reinstalled it.

I know it's the pump because it won't even shoot out of the bare nipple on the pump. And the inlet hose is bone dry.

Okay so apparently this pump doesn't have enough power to lift. It is indeed gravity fed. Or at least it doesn't have enough power to prime itself.

I technically don't have a reservoir. I used that term loosely. I'm drawing it directly from a hole in the bottle with a hose fed to the bottom.

If I reposition the bottle up high, it can gravity prime and keep going.

I made a bracket out of spare sheet metal to hold the bottle where the OEM reservoir would have been.

I don't feel like spending $100+ on a used Ford reservoir.

If I can't get the bottle idea to work, I guess I'll buy an aftermarket tank.

My bracket was ill conceived based on the assumption that the bottle can be positioned upright. I don't believe the pump has the ability to do any drawing at all. So I'll need to either buy or fashion some sort of reservoir that will let the fluid fall to the pump.

In the meantime, the jug is hanging by the handle with zip ties and bungeed at its belly to keep it tipped. It's stupid and not really practical but it works for now.

My bracket was ill conceived based on the assumption that the bottle can be positioned upright. I don't believe the pump has the ability to do any drawing at all. So I'll need to either buy or fashion some sort of reservoir that will let the fluid fall to the pump.

In the meantime, the jug is hanging by the handle with zip ties and bungeed at its belly to keep it tipped. It's stupid and not really practical but it works for now.
You need to post a picture of this redneckery. 😎

Reactions: AK7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread