Motor Carrier EC's Going For It (3 Viewers)

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
I'll give you the rail example I was shown by a driver.

The load I was shown by a driver on his dispatch app was $200 to the truck for 32 miles from rail to customer drop. No idea what he chose to do after that to complete the loop. Maybe another customer nearby had a pickup to bring back. Maybe he bobtailed home.

But it's an example. The dedicated would be like running that all day every day.

Last edited:

blairandgretchen

If you can see it from the front . . .
Premium
Threads
I'll give you the rail example I was shown by a driver.

The load I was shown by a driver on his dispatch app was $200 to the truck for 32 miles from rail to customer drop. No idea what he chose to do after that to complete the loop. Maybe another customer nearby had a pickup to bring back. Maybe he bobtailed home.

But it's an example.

Is $3.12 TTT all miles. Empty return.

Knock down 2 a day, 5 days a week - $2,000 TTT a week. $100k/year.

Sounds like that’s profitable.

Unless your piece of crap truck self implodes after the starter cranks 3 times - which you know is inevitable - so why even try.

And by the way - go to work. Sheesh!

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
Is $3.12 TTT all miles. Empty return.

Knock down 2 a day, 5 days a week - $2,000 TTT a week. $100k/year.

Sounds like that’s profitable.

Unless your piece of crap truck self implodes after the starter cranks 3 times - which you know is inevitable - so why even try.

And by the way - go to work. Sheesh!
You can only do two 30 mile runs a day? How slow are you.

That's more like 4-5 up in this area.

blairandgretchen

If you can see it from the front . . .
Premium
Threads
You can only do two 30 mile runs a day? How slow are you.

That's more like 4-5 up in this area.
I’m real slow. Like lazy slow.

Like, someone offers me $3.12/mile on 2 30 mile runs - I whine and complain and ask why I can’t just do one a day for $20/mile.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
I’m real slow. Like lazy slow.

Like, someone offers me $3.12/mile on 2 30 mile runs - I whine and complain and ask why I can’t just do one a day for $20/mile.
I ran 8 loads a day back when I had a pre-nanny Schneider truck. At $48 a load plus $10 for empties plus 40 cents every mile driven and another $35 every loaded trip over 100 miles I was banking.

Then they gave me a truck that beeps and tells them every time you damn near roll it over and my earnings went to shit and the fun ended.

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Premium
Threads
I mean I could make up numbers if you want. You would only know I'm lying because I said I am. 😃👍

I'd be getting 73% of $2400 to run 49 miles each way and I ain't got no panties on, dwivah. 😂
Thought once bout quittin my job to pick up a daycab like you got and run nice and easy sticks and bricks

All the research I did said I wouldnt make any more than Im makin now as a company hand. That made it seem not worth it

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
Thought once bout quittin my job to pick up a daycab like you got and run nice and easy sticks and bricks

All the research I did said I wouldnt make any more than Im makin now as a company hand. That made it seem not worth it.

I mean this whole endeavor could blow up in my face. It's a calculated risk but still a risk.

I just feel like the odds are in my favor if I don't have a truck payment. And if it does all blow up, my credit won't be affected because I won't be watching a repo truck take my rig, and I'll still have the rig to sell or try again later.

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Premium
Threads
I mean this whole endeavor could blow up in my face. It's a calculated risk but still a risk.

I just feel like the odds are in my favor if I don't have a truck payment. And if it does all blow up, my credit won't be affected because I won't be watching a repo truck take my rig, and I'll still have the rig to sell or try again later.
Goin into bidness for yerself is always gonna be a risk, but if you got the knowhow and the drive to keep that ol horse runnin, aint much reason why it shoudnt work for ya

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Threads

If it don't work out, you've got the core to make one good-looking RV!

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
Anyway finally got around to converting the washer fluid from foot pump to electric. Have a blockage somewhere preventing flow to the windshield but I'll get the cowl off and figure that out.

Might have burned the cheap Chinese pump out already though trying to get it to flow. Apparently it can't handle much resistance. I was hoping it could push out whatever is in there.

No big deal to replace though. I put it on the firewall for easy access.

Shreck

Premium
Threads
Anyway finally got around to converting the washer fluid from foot pump to electric. Have a blockage somewhere preventing flow to the windshield but I'll get the cowl off and figure that out.

Might have burned the cheap Chinese pump out already though trying to get it to flow. Apparently it can't handle much resistance. I was hoping it could push out whatever is in there.

No big deal to replace though. I put it on the firewall for easy access.
Try running some white vinegar thru it.

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
I didn't think that would do anything but I'll try. Good news though the pump still works. Just needed to cool down.
You have an air compressor and a blow gun?

That's how I got em working on old Blueford. A bunch of green slime splattered all over the windshield when I did it, so I'd recommend tossing an old rag over the nozzles

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
You have an air compressor and a blow gun?

That's how I got em working on old Blueford. A bunch of green slime splattered all over the windshield when I did it, so I'd recommend tossing an old rag over the nozzles.
My compressor has been in the trailer since I moved here. I'll run the truck up to my dad's and use his. It'd be less effort. Lol.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
I stand corrected. It still whines but doesn't draw. Got another pump on order along with a better button situation. It's just on a toggle for now since that's what I had. It'll get a momentary push button.

Users who are viewing this thread

• jmon