Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

This is also on the back of NONE of my loads showing up on my settlement statement. Only the empties and bobtails are on there.

So yeah I'm extra pissed.
do you live near any A. Duie Pyle terminals?

i know that they are headquartered in PA.

there was a time they hired o/o's.

good company to work for, so i have been told by countless drivers that work for them.

Sometimes places just make appointments so they know how many trucks they're handling that day. The times are not necessarily carved in stone.
Yeah I'm there again 3 hours early and they gave me a door 2 and a half hours early. Probably don't have enough staff to work on me yet though.

Figured since today went to tits before I ever got started and I'm not earning much anyway, I'd drive nice and slow, get fuel, pizza, etc. Started later but there wasn't anything else to do.

Amazing how much changes just because one box doesn't show up on time.

So I've had a pull to the right for a while now. Couldn't really directly correlate to any changes but thought it might have been because the steer tires were mismatched on tread depth. The replacement for cupping was newer than the original.

I didn't remember it pulling one way or the other when I first bought it, but I also didn't allow that cupped tire to be on there for very long.

Finally got my pneumatic bottle jack yesterday and swapped steer tire sides to see what would happen.

It's damn near perfect now.

But the question is...why is it perfect rather than gimping to the left now?

Maybe it's compensating for misaligned drives?

Or our roads are just retarded. Or STTC ****ed up when they installed after balancing, and it really wasn't so much swapping as remounting.

So I've had a pull to the right for a while now. Couldn't really directly correlate to any changes but thought it might have been because the steer tires were mismatched on tread depth. The replacement for cupping was newer than the original.

I didn't remember it pulling one way or the other when I first bought it, but I also didn't allow that cupped tire to be on there for very long.

Finally got my pneumatic bottle jack yesterday and swapped steer tire sides to see what would happen.

I am no mechanic but, I would speculate that the right tire was a bit more worn due to the crown in the road for drainage.
You rotated the steers and that compensated for the crown in the road.

I am no mechanic but, I would speculate that the right tire was a bit more worn due to the crown in the road for drainage.
You rotated the steers and that compensated for the crown in the road.
Both sides matched depth wise when I bought the truck, but one was badly cupped. It's the replacement that caused the mismatch because they didn't have an old enough one to pair up and wouldn't give me two.

It's not just crowns though either. That's the really wierd part. It wouldn't roll straight in a parking lot but now it does.

I'm wondering if I need a three axle alignment and this is acting like a bandaid.

Both sides matched depth wise when I bought the truck, but one was badly cupped. It's the replacement that caused the mismatch because they didn't have an old enough one to pair up and wouldn't give me two.

It's not just crowns though either. That's the really wierd part. It wouldn't roll straight in a parking lot but now it does.

I'm wondering if I need a three axle alignment and this is acting like a bandaid.

Find one close to you.

Charged both batteries overnight to full, treated the tanks with Howe's, and added some fresh diesel. It eventually cranked through and idled, albeit roughly. Took it for a hard 15 mile loop to ring it out and it did okay. Parked it at home, shut it off, and it fired right back up.

Still idles a little rough but it doesn't lope.

I think I just need to run it more.

I don't actually want to drop 40 large on a new pickup. Hopefully this means I won't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a little effort but she fired up again this evening. A lot easier than the other day.

I suspect once the contamination is reduced to a minimum it'll be fine again.

Got an early live load considering what they gave me running first. So my first three hours was in the dark. Brings back memories.

IF all goes well, I should be home (or being offered more $) by lunchtime.

Reactions: AK7

Maybe it's compensating for misaligned drives?

Or our roads are just retarded. Or STTC ****ed up when they installed after balancing, and it really wasn't so much swapping as remounting.
Let me ask ya this now that ya own the truck.

Always knew tred depth in a sense of Legal or Illegal.

Awhile back before Thanksgiving my Steers didn't pass my Coin Test like the DMV Handbook..

Our shop manager came out says ya got atleast 2 months but when ya bring it back home next time I'll mark ya for replacement.

BTW throw that nickel away here's your own Depth Guage

Let me ask ya this now that ya own the truck.

Always knew tred depth in a sense of Legal or Illegal.

Awhile back before Thanksgiving my Steers didn't pass my Coin Test like the DMV Handbook..

Our shop manager came out says ya got atleast 2 months but when ya bring it back home next time I'll mark ya for replacement.

BTW throw that nickel away here's your own Depth Guage
What are you asking me?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread