Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

I see what you mean now about the gap being too big to benefit much from a wind deflector.
The roof cap/deflector would still help. A factory cap, not some aftermarket chrome nonsense up there that hasn't been tested to do anything. Might not help much, but if the cost was low, it could be worth it.

The roof cap/deflector would still help. A factory cap, not some aftermarket chrome nonsense up there that hasn't been tested to do anything. Might not help much, but if the cost was low, it could be worth it.
There's a company making brand new ones to fit the Mack CX/CH cab. They said $1135 plus shipping primered and ready to paint with complete new mounting hardware.

Mack apparently also sells them but I haven't gotten a hold of them yet.

Found another load bar in the empty I grabbed out of Virginia. Never expected to be excited about that. 😂😒🙄

Anyway that sucker is on my catwalk now with the overpriced Flying J one. And there's two on the porch at home along with I think two straps. I just grabbed them and tossed. Didn't note the number of buckles.

But yah. My ass isn't gonna be caught out again.

@Electric Chicken
I run auxbeam LED in my Silverado. They are very bright on low beam. I wet sanded the headlights stepping up from 400 to 2500 and it cleared them up, then I sprayed clearcoat on them.

Nice thing about them is just direct plug and play, I'm sure they carry yours. Last night I was in a peterbilt in the rain and I swear the low beams were like running parking lights only almost couldn't tell the headlights were on at all.

@Electric Chicken
I run auxbeam LED in my Silverado. They are very bright on low beam. I wet sanded the headlights stepping up from 400 to 2500 and it cleared them up, then I sprayed clearcoat on them.

Nice thing about them is just direct plug and play, I'm sure they carry yours. Last night I was in a peterbilt in the rain and I swear the low beams were like running parking lights only almost couldn't tell the headlights were on at all.
I suck at sanding headlights. Tried it a couple times on other vehicles and know better now. Lol.

I have two new ones on a UPS truck. They include all new bulbs so I'll see how they do, but they're regular 9006 style.

I suck at sanding headlights. Tried it a couple times on other vehicles and know better now. Lol.

I have two new ones on a UPS truck. They include all new bulbs so I'll see how they do, but they're regular 9006 style.
Its easy, just light sanding by hand with the paper soaked in water. It turns white, wash it off then go to the next finer grit. When you are done it will be really hazy, when you spray the clearcoat on it or wax it it will be clear and looks almost new.

The goal is to just make it feel smooth and remove the yellowing. I put a couple coats of clear on.

Nevermind I see you are getting whole new housings. I would put some sealer or wax on them to prevent them from yellowing in the future.

Finally removed and disassembled the instrument cluster to clean it. All back together and now the digital display is clear as a crystal. 👍

One of these days I'll pull the entire dash apart and wipe down the entire insides. I'm pulling some loads tomorrow so it's not something I want to tackle in one day with laundry, dishes, mowing, etc to do as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread