Eating on the go

cassiem0221

How many of you eat while you are driving? How many of you actually take the time to get out and eat somewhere? I know many of you probably just rough it and eat while you are driving.. but is that healthy?

I make breakfast shakes, oatmeal, and soups in the truck for many of my meals, and I am stopped while I eat. I also eat once a day inside of a truckstop or a regular restauant.

Eating healthy is very important to me, and I wish it would become more important to more truck drivers.

More drivers would feel a heck of a lot brtter if they stay with light fruit and vegtable meals during the day.Its been proven that these food when eaten alone pass right through your stomach and are turned to instant energy.

well, my husband was just eating sandwiches or vienna wienies etc.. for the longest. I finally convinced him that he needed to eat better and he started having more energy. I think it is very important to eat healthy, even on the run!

More drivers would feel a heck of a lot brtter if they stay with light fruit and vegtable meals during the day.Its been proven that these food when eaten alone pass right through your stomach and are turned to instant energy.

Things that pass right through your stomach are not good food for the road. :D:D:D

By that I meant to say the energy is absorbed primarily in the intestines. Good eye though and thank for the smile.

By that I meant to say the energy is absorbed primarily in the intestines. Good eye though and thank for the smile.

I knew what you meant I was just having some fun. Just about every trucker I know has some story about have foods that want to "leave the stomach" at very bad times while on the road. You know, stuck in the middle of a chicago back up and then "oh no" you feel your belly rumble.

LOL You guys are hilarious.. Literally GUYS... You wouldn't ever find a woman talk about her tummy rumbling in a public forum! LOL you crack me up Hurgoll.

Hubby stops and gets food to eat in the truck. I'd complain but it's better than living on reeses peanut butter cups. At least its kinda sorta "food".

Hubby stops and gets food to eat in the truck. I'd complain but it's better than living on reeses peanut butter cups. At least its kinda sorta "food".

Oh no, Oh no you didn't, Don't even go there against the King of Foods, the peanut butter cup!!!

All Hail the mighty Reese !!! All Hail the mighty Reese !!! All Hail the mighty Reese !!!

You don't know how much I miss them. I am diabetic now, and I swear I will take the name of REESE in vain again.

:p:p:p:p

LOL You guys are hilarious.. Literally GUYS... You wouldn't ever find a woman talk about her tummy rumbling in a public forum! LOL you crack me up Hurgoll.

That's because women never have stomach problems. :) Nor do they fart, they "fluff" or so I am told. hehe

It's probably because women chew their food rather than wolf it down. You take in more air when you gulp which causes more stomach problems...etc.

I stay out 2-3 weeks at a time, so packing lunches isn't an option. I keep soups, breakfast bars, and other types of food in the truck with me though.

You could probably take enough premade dinners or meals that would last you at least a week or so in your fridge. That would help at least for one of the three weeks you are out.

I stay out 2-3 weeks at a time, so packing lunches isn't an option. I keep soups, breakfast bars, and other types of food in the truck with me though.

Canned food with a pull tab work great for me. Today will be two Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. YUM!

My wife thinks it is sick that I eat it right out of the can and don't warm it up.

Your wise is a wise woman. Lol. You're the one eating it, eat it however you like. I long ago gave up sweating the small stuff.

^ Its already precooked, its no big deal.

I have an automatic truck, I eat all the time going down the road.

I had assumed that it was precooked. I didn't think you were eating it raw! I'm glad I was correct because eating it raw would be icky.

I have gotten to the point where my early morning meals start with a meal replacement shake (that I keep made in the fridge), then a couple hours later, a granola type bar. From there, I will usually get a nice "healthy" meal in a truck stop, followed by another shake later in the day, then a small soup.

Basically, about 5 very small meals, and 1 decent sized meal, for a total of 6 throughout the course of a day. That keeps me from turning into a blimp, and also keeps me from getting hungry throghout the day.

Oh, and having all of this food in the truck is nice on a day like today when I have been stuck at the shipper for almost 11 hours. Detention time pays well, but damn it's boring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread