Eating on the go

Oh, come on! Like truck drivers ever have to sit around and wait on their trucks to be loaded ;)

Okay this is a great topic and I would love to share a few things. My husband is very concerned with how he eats on the road so we work together to make this work. We purchased one of the 12V ovens from a truck stop. I purchased aluminum foil pans that fit in it and everytime I fix a meal at home I pack one and freeze it for him. He puts his pan in the oven and 30 minutes of driving he pulls over and has a healthy meal. He can safely pack 5 to 7 days worth of meals in his fridge on the truck. For instance on St. Patricks day he even had corned beef and cabbage. I have several recipes that I have formulated for him and his oven. The pot roast with potatoes and gravy is one of his favorites. I'd love to share these if anyone would like them. His oven cost approximately $30 dollars and his food expense on the truck is about $150.00 a month if you would like to see my spread sheet on his food shopping. He is in the best of health and is happy on the road with a good home meal.

One truckers wife who loves him very much.

Actually it's easier than trying to figure out the check book after he's eatin out so many meals and now the account is short of funds. He He! A banana at the store is $.27 but at a truck stop is $1.29 big difference in cost.

Okay this is a great topic and I would love to share a few things. My husband is very concerned with how he eats on the road so we work together to make this work. We purchased one of the 12V ovens from a truck stop. I purchased aluminum foil pans that fit in it and everytime I fix a meal at home I pack one and freeze it for him. He puts his pan in the oven and 30 minutes of driving he pulls over and has a healthy meal. He can safely pack 5 to 7 days worth of meals in his fridge on the truck. For instance on St. Patricks day he even had corned beef and cabbage. I have several recipes that I have formulated for him and his oven. The pot roast with potatoes and gravy is one of his favorites. I'd love to share these if anyone would like them. His oven cost approximately $30 dollars and his food expense on the truck is about $150.00 a month if you would like to see my spread sheet on his food shopping. He is in the best of health and is happy on the road with a good home meal.

One truckers wife who loves him very much.

Yes, please I would like to see the spread sheet thanks...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread