Earnhardt To Drive No. 88

Cybergal

WOW....This is going to be a big change for alot of fans!

I was talking with some Earnhardt fans at the last Michigan race and most were kind of pissed that the #8 was going to be affected by his leaving DEI.

HIS stepmother must be a piece of work!!:cool:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced Wednesday he will drive car No. 88 and be sponsored by Mountain Dew's "Amp" energy drink and the National Guard when he joins Hendrick Motorsports next year.

Earnhardt has driven the No. 8 Budweiser Chevrolet for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated since 2000 and tried to take the number with him. But stepmother Teresa Earnhardt refused to give up the number, which had been used by Ralph Earnhardt, Dale Jr.'s grandfather.

Robert Yates, whose team had the rights to No. 88, offered Earnhardt the number, which has been on cars driven by Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarrett. ... Former NASCAR truck series driver Aaron Fike appeared in court in Lebanon, Ohio, on charges stemming from his July 7 arrest with what police said was heroin and drug tools. Fike, 24, did not enter a plea, and no trial date was set. Fike, eighth in points at the time of his arrest, was replaced by his team and suspended by NASCAR.
courant article

Very odd change. Kind of makes my UPS 88 Jarrett Jacket kind of worthless at this point, LOL

Very odd change. Kind of makes my UPS 88 Jarrett Jacket kind of worthless at this point, LOL

Ya...I thought of that too...but ole Dale ain't been doing so hot.
Didn't his number already change?? I can't keep them straight.

I think there will be some changes next year on drivers...lol

Most of these drivers have too big of egos anyways. The only friendly driver I've every talked to that was willing to hang out with us "average fans" was Kyle Petty. I don't care much for NASCAR anymore. For one thing there are no more Stock Cars. They're all the same shell with different decals. And who uses carburetors anymore anyway? Give me the American LeMans Series racing any day. High tech, super fast, rain or shine! Oh, and right turns as well.

View attachment 9256

View attachment 9257

View attachment 9258

View attachment 9259

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread and change the topic.
View attachment 9259View attachment 9256View attachment 9258View attachment 9257

I agree that Theresa is a piece of work thats for sure.... I am a JR fan and bummed that he will not be driving the 8. I just the good thing is that I like Kasey Kahne to so maybe I can change all the 8's on my Bud stuff to a 9....

Ya...I thought of that too...but ole Dale ain't been doing so hot.
Didn't his number already change?? I can't keep them straight.

I think there will be some changes next year on drivers...lol

LOL Yes Ricky Rudd had been driving the 88 and Dale Jarrett the 44

yes some big changes come of dale i think it will be good if it gets him away from that crazy step mom of his . i watch the move dale that came on about 2 week ago on cmt it was great but i could not belive how dum she sounded on there . and all dale sr. kept saying in it was he made DEI for his family all of his family and i just wounder if he is rolling over in his grave because all she done . she could of gave jr his 8 car . no mark martin and another driver will share the 8 car next yr . but i dont care for jeff or jimm but i think jr doing a good job buy going on there team as they got some good cars . now he can prove his self and do it all on his own where no one can say he as it because of his daddy or his last name . go dale jr. go

just wanted to say :

TONY STEWART IS THE MAN !!!!!!

just wanted to say :

TONY STEWART IS THE MAN !!!!!!

i know you like Tony and he is good i like him to but Dale Jr. will be the man againg i just know next year will be a good yr for him . but ya Tony could get up there past jimmy and jeff and win i would love to see that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread