Duck Pond Redneckery

No the insulation. It's not regular fiberglass it's that mylar stuff with bubble wrap in the middle. I'm too lazy to finish that job.

I'm not stupid enough to use fiberglass where water can get in. The mylar acts as a wind breaker and water runs right down it.
So you put the mylar stuff directly on the insides of the vertical boards? Your garage walls have no interior surface?

I'd still get some 1x3's or 1x4s and some paint.

Or just say **** it and go watch bobtail the truck around. 🤔

It was only meant as a stopgap until I either tear it down and build new or sell up. So the motivation to finish is hard to come by. It needs a new roof too which I'm definitely not spending money on.

So you put the mylar stuff directly on the insides of the vertical boards? Your garage walls have no interior surface?

I'd still get some 1x3's or 1x4s and some paint.
Yeah they nailed the vertical planks to the support beams and that's it. The interior is the same board as the exterior. It was probably originally a carriage house.

Why would I paint it? The outside is already painted. The interior doesn't matter. It's not a place to spend a lot of time, and needs more work than it's worth to get it there.

I mean sure I could do all that but then I'd simply have a nicer not big enough space.

Why would I paint it? The outside is already painted.
You'd have to paint the battens if you put them up. Today's GMO jack pine lumber rots quick if it's not painted.

I'm not even sure what kind of walls you're describing now. You've got vertical boards on the insides of the walls too?

4 painted battens up. This is going to look stupid unless I paint the whole barn now.

But I'm not going to. 🤬

20200925_153732.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread