Drayage trucking company pays $300,000 fine to CARB

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By Charlie Morasch, Land Line contributing writer

A trucking company that regularly hauls freight to and from ports will pay the California Air Resources Board $300,000 for violating a state emissions rule.

Mex-Cal Truckline Inc. of Otay Mesa, CA, will pay the fine to the California Air Pollution Control Fund for violating the state’s Port Drayage Rule. Mex-Cal Truckline repeatedly dispatched trucks that don’t meet the CARB’s emissions standards to pick up and deliver freight at ports in rail yards, CARB said in a news release.

full story

We have a new customer in California. I can't wait to be the first one to refuse this load. California can pick up their provisions at the State line.

Well, They never even got as far as trying to put my on the Cali load. The dispatcher was showing me the board of what was available next week. I pointed to Fresno and said see this one? I will never! do this one. That was cool with her. She said they are going to farm out those loads because they found without a reefer it's hard to get out of Cali. No shit EH? Who would have thought a reefer would get you out of Cali faster? Probably don't pay worth a damn taking a load out of there with everyone looking for a backhaul.

Transportation business is a famous in world because it's provide many services and jobs. In USA and Canada this business working is high because those country in business techniques is new compare to other country.

I renewed my plate and im glad I only haul Containers in Florida only. I saw a driver from Los Angeles at the port of Tampa and I saw the California plate and asked him, hey, is that International tractor legal in California, he replied, nope but that's why we try to enter at night and leave California before the weigh stations open!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread