Do you carry a computer in your truck?

;)HAHA, Glad we can be of assistance and amuse you...lol.....

my bf gets a kick out of some of the stuff i do get details on and he likes the fact we get the most important updates as there r areas that we cant get digital channels on our tv but he knws this helps me keep from getting to bored but what sucks r the days like when we stay at the wilco in raphine va on exit 205 off 81 we dont get cell or any signal of any kind so all i can do is play video games

Never thought I would carry a computer in my truck, much less spend time online with it.

It's definitley become a very good tool for me to have. Wouldn't go nowhere without it anymore.

May I ask what you are using for a computer and are you set up with a
printer as well?

I carry mine for the folling reasons: Keeping track of loads and other thing, getting basic directions (remember to check the atlas to make sure that you are allowed on the roads that they give you), and keeping in touch with my family. But I limit my time to 2 hrs a day tops. Remember that rest is more important then chat lines and games. Good luck on your new carrier

What are you using for a computer and are you hooked up to a printer as well?

I have one, A dell. Most places I stop at have FREE wifi! truck stops and rest area's is NY,NH and VT. anyways.

I have an Acer Aspire 5570 which i use constantly to make reservations for Bc Ferries, as i ride the boats upwards of 12 times a week
. beats the hell out of being on hold with the reservation center. oh and emails and checking in here. and of course the **** channels;)

I have an HP and I use the Verizon Wireless broadband device with it. That is the best deal I have found yet. I have not found a place where I dont get a signal so far, and I have seen download speeds higher than RoadRunner in some places. Sure beats a half-assed signal from T/A's Hot Spot in their parking lots...

Ok, I going to say this but if you get caught don't come crying here. But in 2001 I started carrying a laptop with me. Found a copy of PC Miler. That's when I stopped getting log book violations (at safety or the Chicken House). Within PC Miler is a log book. It is a lot more accurate than that calculator is. And that's all I'll say about that. If your seasoned you'll figure it out. A laptop is a must for a driver today. But be very careful that you use a truckers edition of any map program. Standard map programs are designed for 4 wheelers, they do not show over-limit roads and no truck routes. And yes, you can watch TV on them. :D
But whatever you do, don't watch it while your trucking it up. It's just not safe driver.

God Bless, Be Safe
Remember, Your families need ya back home!

Cowboy said it and I'm back quite!

sent via AT&T prepaid Cricket phone

I always use PC Miler for routing and miles. Why log more miles than you need too? This is what they check you with...

I have the AT&T Aircard which sucks. Their slogan...More Bars everywhere..Bullshit..

That seems odd... I have had great luck with my Verizon card so far... (knock on wood)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread