did you know auto parts stores have your VIN

I don't literally buy EVERYTHING online. I buy stuff like batteries locally. The ones in my pickup are from AutoZone. I needed those when I needed those.

But the point is if it's not urgent and I already have a part number, I skip the sales counter altogether. I just don't like going through the shopping process.

If it comes down to AutoZone or online, I can wait.

Not like I'm buying online from AutoZone. That would just be dumb.
Again, if you can wait that’s great but it’s no always an option. I ordered parts from Rock auto yesterday but if I need them now I need them now.

I don't literally buy EVERYTHING online. I buy stuff like batteries locally. The ones in my pickup are from AutoZone. I needed those when I needed those.

But the point is if it's not urgent and I already have a part number, I skip the sales counter altogether. I just don't like going through the shopping process.
When I need something I don't want it next week. I want it now, so I can keep working on the task at hand. I'll make multiple 20 mile round trips to Autozone in one day if I have to.

Edit: someone said the same thing I was going to say while I was still typing it so now I gotta add something about an ox bow? :dunno:

When I need something I don't want it next week. I want it now, so I can keep working on the task at hand. I'll make multiple 20 mile round trips to Autozone in one day if I have to.
Lol. I usually plan my work ahead and will acquire the parts for that task in advance.

Usually.

All bets are off for the semi. I'm not gonna lose 5 days of income to save $20 on a part. And I don't have part numbers for most of this stuff. And then some of it can ONLY be found online because it's basically scrounging. 🤦

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I usually plan my work ahead and will acquire the parts for that task in advance.

Usually.

All bets are off for the semi. I'm not gonna lose 5 days of income to save $20 on a part. And I don't have part numbers for most of this stuff. And then some of it can ONLY be found online because it's basically scrounging. 🤦
The vast majority of parts on a semi are universal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread