Destination Excellence

Status
Not open for further replies.
And brokers know that they can set Georgia rates artificially low because of it.

(I wouldn't go bragging anywhere about $2.25/mi)
This time of the year. Yeah, that’s pretty decent. Along with all the political be slowing shot down. You’re High. With that box your probably average 1.90/mile

Most times the only way out of Florida for a dry box was via Georgia.
We had a sweet pick up in Panama City Florida, at the port.
The sweet part was there was a day layover. Tallahassee was nice and the TA north of Panama City was ok.
Literally waiting for my ship to come in.
Containers out of Mexico de-stuffed in Panama City port and loaded on our trailers.

Most times the only way out of Florida for a dry box was via Georgia.
We had a sweet pick up in Panama City Florida, at the port.
The sweet part was there was a day layover. Tallahassee was nice and the TA north of Panama City was ok.
Literally waiting for my ship to come in.
Containers out of Mexico de-stuffed in Panama City port and loaded on our trailers.
You think that's bad try getting a flatbed out of Florida. Florida has good winter weather going for it and that's about all.

I see TMC picking up lumber and going north every day out of Port Canaveral. Friday, I counted 7 of their trucks leaving loaded. If not lumber, they get a load of bagged salt out of Morton Salt headed to the northern states. Florida has loads if you know where to look.

Down in Homestead, they load flats and single drops with bagged onions. They may not pay the greatest, but deadheading doesn't pay squat.

I see TMC picking up lumber and going north every day out of Port Canaveral. Friday, I counted 7 of their trucks leaving loaded. If not lumber, they get a load of bagged salt out of Morton Salt headed to the northern states. Florida has loads if you know where to look.

Down in Homestead, they load flats and single drops with bagged onions. They may not pay the greatest, but deadheading doesn't pay squat.
No one is arguing the loads aren’t there. I did the actual math. This load is paying 2.83/loaded mile and I only had a 4 mile bounce to the plant to pick it up....I am saying, and everyone except iornpony agrees that you don’t typically see rates paying that well leaving Florida. Most loads I pick up leaving Florida out of our common shippers in Jacksonville and Palitak(sp?) ain’t anywhere near $2/mile. And pulling a box...you ain’t gonna find anything paying much better. He just likes to argue. And who knows maybe he’s clueless and doesn’t go to Florida much.

Palatka. The airport there is my customer.

Rates out of Florida suck, no doubt about it. That's why rates coming in are so good. No one wants to come to the Southern Sewer and drive back out with a load of dispatcher brains.

Thanks.
Wife said.."For Us... It will Do"..
pic of last Christmas

Attachments

• IMG_20181224_200642.jpg
    IMG_20181224_200642.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread