• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Current Averitt Express info?

Truckin Dawg

All right, Averitt is posting for jobs here in the Fort Wayne area, but I don't meet their experience requirements in terms of recent, as I haven't driven since the mid-90's. Couple o questions...
Would they still want me to shave my goatee?
Would they find a way to hire someone with 150,000+ miles under his belt and a clean record even if the miles aren't recent?
Hoping [MENTION=6446]hatchettxx[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5715]MustangLX[/MENTION] are still out there to answer these...
Thanks in advance for the help! -Dawg

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and my husband wants to drive for Averitt coz Averitt terminal is just 30 miles away from where we live...is it a good trucking company to drive for? Thanks for any advice!

I haven't heard too much negative about Averitt.

They don't fall into the "usual suspect" category, so they must be halfway decent.

I think I remember hearing they've got some stupid anti-beard policy but I might be mistaken.

I'd never work for a company that disallows facial hair. If they're going to nitpick about that, it's pretty obvious they have no issue with nitpicking about other stuff.

I think I remember hearing they've got some stupid anti-beard policy but I might be mistaken.

I'd never work for a company that disallows facial hair. If they're going to nitpick about that, it's pretty obvious they have no issue with nitpicking about other stuff.

Page 1 of this thread says the policy is a "neatly trimmed moustache".

Like this guy:

stache.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread