cucumbers anyone?

If it wasn’t so far I’d go get some. Make some pickles.
I haven’t done this in a while but there is a big farm around here that grows string beans for a major food company. If the beans hit the ground they can’t be used. When the bean picker dumps its haul into the truck it spills a lot. You can go in and scoop them up if you want. They don’t mind. I used to fill up laundry baskets and then preserve them.

I went to a "farmers" market yesterday. I was looking at the pickled asparagus and pickled beans. Only so much room on the truck but I think I shoulda got the asparagus

So much waste. Our nation is retarded.

At least they are able to give some away.
I delivered some A/C units to a Walmart once and while the crane was unloading me a Walmart employee was throwing produce in the dumpster. This produce could have given away at least. It didn’t look bad. The thought that came to my mind though was if they give it away and someone gets sick there’s a lawsuit. We live in a very litigious society, so much so I believe it keeps some good things from being done at times.

I used to run a forklift for Food Lion.I ran the dairy,and on a rare occasion we would find a pallet of out of date stuff.I remember throwing a whole pallet of sour cream in the dumpster.Sometimes damaged ,sometimes out of date stuff hit the trash.
If someone got it,they was fired
one reason for that is to cut down on employees damaging food just to get the leftovers free

just because food is thrown out don`t mean it is safe to eat

Doesn't look like much, if any, was wasted. They only had 12,000 pounds left as of 4:30 yesterday, and the crowd looked to be growing as people were getting off work.

out of date stuff.

When we were growing up expiration dates were only suggestions. I remember my dad saying “just pick the mold off the bread it’s still good” :biggrin-2:

I see what your saying though. I could see myself “damaging” bags of shrimp. Oops! “Can I get that at a 75% discount?”

When we were growing up expiration dates were only suggestions. I remember my dad saying “just pick the mold off the bread it’s still good” :biggrin-2:

I see what your saying though. I could see myself “damaging” bags of shrimp. Oops! “Can I get that at a 75% discount?”

At least they are able to give some away.
I delivered some A/C units to a Walmart once and while the crane was unloading me a Walmart employee was throwing produce in the dumpster. This produce could have given away at least. It didn’t look bad. The thought that came to my mind though was if they give it away and someone gets sick there’s a lawsuit. We live in a very litigious society, so much so I believe it keeps some good things from being done at times.
I think the Walmart is throwing out the wrong produce. The food in the trash is still good and yet the produce in the store is rotten the second you walk out the door.

I think the Walmart is throwing out the wrong produce. The food in the trash is still good and yet the produce in the store is rotten the second you walk out the door.

Sandy was just b’chn about that today. :biglaugh:

She went to THE Walmart today for some groceries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread