CTA calls for crackdown on ‘non-compliant’ carriers

On topic. The same boss as the doubles training. He lost his plates for a week because of violations. The ministry pulled the plates of all the trucks.
No problem! The boss just rented a bunch of trucks from Ryder and it was business as usual. I am sure it cost him some money but, he kept servicing the customers and kept his accounts.

So today was fun. Derry and Torbram area of Mississauga/Brampton. Slow down for stopped traffic in front of me, watching in the mirrors see a car slow behind me, then see the truck behind the car slowing but plows into the car pushing the car into me.

Fer **** sakes :cautious:

Call 911 get told to go to the accident reporting centre after trading info. No damage to my trailer. Get out walk back, cars hit front and rear, trucks grill is pushed in. Lady driver in the car was Asian, spoke broken English, and had I’m guessing her parents with her. Her insurance slip expired two weeks ago.

Now the on topic part. The driver was I’m assuming middle eastern. He couldn’t read English well enough to know which paper was which in his truck binder. He kept trying to give me his ownership when I asked for insurance slip. Luckily (🙄) one tow truck driver could translate, but then the tow dog had to leave. Finally I just grabbed the truck binder. HIS insurance ran out yesterday.

Call 911 back ask for officers to show up.

Twuckah hands me a PHOTOCOPIED, front only, MANITOBA drivers license. Tells me he was picking his license up in Montreal or some damn thing.

Police arrive I tell them what happened, give them my info, and the skinny on the twuckah. At one point one of the officers grabbed the guys wallet off the dash, slammed the truck door shut and walked back to his cruiser

Oh to be a fly on those walls :biggrin-2:

They gave me an incident report number and I left so I could get a couple deliveries done. I hope they throw the book at him.

So today was fun. Derry and Torbram area of Mississauga/Brampton. Slow down for stopped traffic in front of me, watching in the mirrors see a car slow behind me, then see the truck behind the car slowing but plows into the car pushing the car into me.

Fer **** sakes :cautious:

Call 911 get told to go to the accident reporting centre after trading info. No damage to my trailer. Get out walk back, cars hit front and rear, trucks grill is pushed in. Lady driver in the car was Asian, spoke broken English, and had I’m guessing her parents with her. Her insurance slip expired two weeks ago.

Now the on topic part. The driver was I’m assuming middle eastern. He couldn’t read English well enough to know which paper was which in his truck binder. He kept trying to give me his ownership when I asked for insurance slip. Luckily (🙄) one tow truck driver could translate, but then the tow dog had to leave. Finally I just grabbed the truck binder. HIS insurance ran out yesterday.

Call 911 back ask for officers to show up.

Twuckah hands me a PHOTOCOPIED, front only, MANITOBA drivers license. Tells me he was picking his license up in Montreal or some damn thing.

Police arrive I tell them what happened, give them my info, and the skinny on the twuckah. At one point one of the officers grabbed the guys wallet off the dash, slammed the truck door shut and walked back to his cruiser

Oh to be a fly on those walls :biggrin-2:

They gave me an incident report number and I left so I could get a couple deliveries done. I hope they throw the book at him.
No point in even commenting on Canadian trucking issues. It will just get deleted by those that have never been here and don't understand the issues the Canadian trucking industry is facing.

No point in even commenting on Canadian trucking issues. It will just get deleted by those that have never been here and don't understand the issues the Canadian trucking industry is facing.
I didn’t think I said anything derogatory? I tried very hard to just stick to facts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread