• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CRST WILL screw u over!

lonestar

Just wanted to warn everybody bout CRST. DONT SIGN WITH THEM. CRST really does mean Constantly Raping Students and Trainers. I got my CDL 3 months ago and was suppose to go to work for them. they sent me to school and upon graduating, they sent me all the way to OKC, and dropped me at orientation before even hiring me, then made me find my own way back to Houston. One hell of a hitch hike.It gets better. They put on my DAC that im under contract with them, disqualifing me from working anywhere.yet, they have no idea who i am
they have no records of me
but im still getting screwed by them. IF UR THINKING ABOUT JOINING CRST, DONT. IF U DO, DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN U.
Someone is typing...
Sending...

Racer X 69 said:
How can any company be profitable and stay in business this way?
I would imagine that if you have hundreds of applicants a day, you can probably get away with treating everyone like crap.

.....RESEARCH.....say it again.....RESEARCH . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Just look at the back doors of any of them.... Hiring...$1 per mile...local, regional, dedicated, behomeeverynightputyourentirefamilythrucollegeandsitbackandreaptherewards......... . . . . . . . . . . . and has NOT repeat...NOT made the . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You use such BIG WORDS! Especially that one with 73 letters!

View attachment 14610

View attachment 14611
View attachment 14610View attachment 14611

You use such BIG WORDS! Especially that one with 73 letters!

big-cheesy-grincopy.png

thumbs_up.jpg

Well ya know what they say... if the 3 lb won't work... get out the 10! I prefer the Snap-on Dead Blow... Itwillnotbounce...evergaranteed.

During orientation, before the company can report ANYTHING on your DAC report, you have to sign a piece of paper giving them permission. Unless you sign that thing, they can't report to DAC. If you don't remember signing anything like that, you've got grounds for a lawsuit against the company. And DAC/HireRight too, if you tell them you never gave CRST permission to report on you, and they don't immediately remove it.

word similar to this got me banned on another website, careful what you say some people don't like the truth they just want to hear politically correct

What Lonestar doesn't seem to understand is that trucking is for big boys. You're not in the sandbox anymore.

The trucking world is full of crooks, social rejects, ex-felons, liars, cheats, manipulators, and the general scum of the earth... That's even before you get out on the road and have to deal with your fellow driver and DOT.

You've only had your CDL 3 months? You ain't seen **** yet.

Quit your crying and man up. If you are already flaming, you'll never survive your first year.

Sick of these guys coming in here crying about what a hard business this is to them and they haven't driven 5 miles yet. We got to many guys driving now who shouldn't be. We don't need to keep catering to girly boys and clogging up the industry with yet another driver who is a danger to himself and others on the road.

sorry it was somthing like this that got me banned, hit the wrong reply button lol

gearjammer said:
sorry it was somthing like this that got me banned, hit the wrong reply button lol

I can see how this could get someone in trouble.

But I am no troll and posts this blunt are few and far in between.

Sometimes people who are crying over a hangnail need to realize that they haven't even begun to feel rhe pain of a real wound.

It was my way saying that if you are ****ed off now and haven't even begun to drive yet... Maybe this isn't the right line of work for you.

Trucking is a tough business.

When you've driven a few years and begin to understand the life, then you will understand why vets roll their eyes when some student starts crying about how they are being wronged.

I'm not sorry I was so blunt. If someone can't take a friendly reality check, then they are going to be hiding in their sleeper crying a lot when some radio rambo hurts their feelings or pokes at them because the take 30 minutes to back into a spot at a truckstop.

Hell, that's all Glenn89698679598681-1/2 ever does. Sure, we call him an old crab-ass sometimes but for the most part he's just providing a reality check to wake people up out of their recruiter-induced stupor.

word similar to this got me banned on another website, careful what you say some people don't like the truth they just want to hear politically correct

I would think that you don't have to be concerned about that here. As long as people aren't engaging in outright flame wars, spewing endless streams of profanity, or attempting to spam this place into oblivion, things are pretty relaxed here.

Unlike the TyrantsReport, the mega trucking companies haven't taken control of the discussions here.

And we don't seem to have been overrun with vicious, opinionated pro-union jackasses yet either.

Your views and opinions are safe here Gearjammer.

hmmm perhaps I am not trying hard enough, guess its time to step it up,lol wheres conservative dimwit when I need him

In 7 months, you trained 17 students? What do they do, send a rookie with a trainer for 11 days, then turn 'em loose? LOL
4 students for 30 total days, others ranging from 3 days to two weeks at a time. One time a couple who refused to be separated at all, that was a fun 7 days. .:eek2: For most of these students i was their second or third trainer.

hmmm perhaps I am not trying hard enough, guess its time to step it up,lol wheres conservative dimwit when I need him

Ummmmmmmmmm.........you're gonna have to be more specific.
They all sound alike to me!:rolllaugh:

4 students for 30 total days, others ranging from 3 days to two weeks at a time. One time a couple who refused to be separated at all, that was a fun 7 days. .:eek2: For most of these students i was their second or third trainer.

I'd like the 3 day course, please.
Just show me where the key goes and how to start it.
I'll take it from there...........

That's a narrow minded viewpoint Everybody makes mistakes often at young ages 17/25 before maturity sets in.
It says 2006 and this is 2012 so because of a mistake several years past he should be considered unemployable The problem with this short sightedness is we are creating a permanent underclass and because of narrow minded people ex-cons are barred from many educational opportunities and even entire trades so much for a second chance in life the residual effect is we all pay for it when a criminal records limits acess to participation in society these people will often endup on the Dole paid by the taxpayers cause with no job they'll qualify for every handout under the sun worse many will have a chip on they're shoulder and go back to crime to make easy cash and live they're lives in and out of prison which we pay for as taxpayers

I think the punishment should be whatever jail time he did for the bag of drugs and these people need to get reintegrated back into civil society without a dossier holding them back the rest of they're lives and real violent criminals and perverts need to be given long enough sentences to die in prison no parole
Wow, a misdemeanor for drug posession. They are bad cause they dropped you after finding out about this? It appears to me that maybe you did not tell them everything? But, then again you did it I do not feel sorry for anyone who does, transports, or distributes drugs. Good luck in your future, but please find a diferent occupation as I dont want you in mine.

And we don't seem to have been overrun with vicious, opinionated pro-union jackasses yet either.

I've been working on it. I've been trying to get my opinionated, neanderthal, know-it-all, trucker friends to come over here and teach you guys everything about trucking, politics, and religion that you could ever want to know.

Soon, my friend, soon... buhahahahaha

I've been working on it. I've been trying to get my opinionated, neanderthal, know-it-all, trucker friends to come over here and teach you guys everything about trucking, politics, and religion that you could ever want to know.

Soon, my friend, soon... buhahahahaha

Well I am a former union member, just not one of those hard core types. 30 years was enough.

In answer to Birchbarlow. My opinion may be narrow minded, but as I see it it was a matter of choices. He chose to use drugs, then he chose to deal with the consequences of that action. My narrow minded opinion is based in personal experience. See I remained clean through out my growing up years, even with living my every day life in a drug infested, and lawless, neighborhood. Basically refered as the low rent district. Also realizing that whil growing up I lost my brother to drug addiction. So please tell me more about my narrow mind and ideas. Like a actor once said (Baretta), if you do the crime be ready to pay the time. You, do the crime then you lose whatever society deems a appropriate punishment, and pay after you get out. As for those who do get incarcerated, when done they can still become productive citizens. But, they made a choice, regardless of when in their life, and now you pay for it.

I'd like the 3 day course, please.
Just show me where the key goes and how to start it.
I'll take it from there...........

The first truck I ever drove was a GMC General and I had no clue how to start it. You put the key in and turned it... Then there was a button on the dash that you had to push to actually start it.

LOL

Once I figured that out, driving was a snap

As for those who do get incarcerated, when done they can still become productive citizens. But, they made a choice, regardless of when in their life, and now you pay for it.

His point was that society won't let them become productive citizens because they're blacklisted from any decent paying jobs. And it's contributing to the country's unemployment problem.

People do stupid things when they're teenagers. Why should they be blacklisted from ever getting a decent job just because they smoked a little reefer when they were 17? I only see this "well they need to suffer the consequences for the rest of their lives" type of attitude coming from those who never got to have any fun when they themselves were growing up.

The first truck I ever drove was a GMC General and I had no clue how to start it. You put the key in and turned it... Then there was a button on the dash that you had to push to actually start it.

LOL

Once I figured that out, driving was a snap

I've run across that once or twice, too.
One of the trickiest trucks i ever drove was a Ford Model A.
You shifted on the steering column where the blinker switch normally is now, and the the brake/clutch was like a riding lawnmower.
Not anything like I ever drove before.

In answer to Birchbarlow. My opinion may be narrow minded, but as I see it it was a matter of choices. He chose to use drugs, then he chose to deal with the consequences of that action. My narrow minded opinion is based in personal experience. See I remained clean through out my growing up years, even with living my every day life in a drug infested, and lawless, neighborhood. Basically refered as the low rent district. Also realizing that whil growing up I lost my brother to drug addiction. So please tell me more about my narrow mind and ideas. Like a actor once said (Baretta), if you do the crime be ready to pay the time. You, do the crime then you lose whatever society deems a appropriate punishment, and pay after you get out. As for those who do get incarcerated, when done they can still become productive citizens. But, they made a choice, regardless of when in their life, and now you pay for it.

That's a narrow minded viewpoint Everybody makes mistakes often at young ages 17/25 before maturity sets in.
It says 2006 and this is 2012 so because of a mistake several years past he should be considered unemployable The problem with this short sightedness is we are creating a permanent underclass and because of narrow minded people ex-cons are barred from many educational opportunities and even entire trades so much for a second chance in life the residual effect is we all pay for it when a criminal records limits acess to participation in society these people will often endup on the Dole paid by the taxpayers cause with no job they'll qualify for every handout under the sun worse many will have a chip on they're shoulder and go back to crime to make easy cash and live they're lives in and out of prison which we pay for as taxpayers

I think the punishment should be whatever jail time he did for the bag of drugs and these people need to get reintegrated back into civil society without a dossier holding them back the rest of they're lives and real violent criminals and perverts need to be given long enough sentences to die in prison no parole

His point was that society won't let them become productive citizens because they're blacklisted from any decent paying jobs. And it's contributing to the country's unemployment problem.

People do stupid things when they're teenagers. Why should they be blacklisted from ever getting a decent job just because they smoked a little reefer when they were 17? I only see this "well they need to suffer the consequences for the rest of their lives" type of attitude coming from those who never got to have any fun when they themselves were growing up.

That goes in the category of "Life ain't fair", lol

Quite ironic and just a little hypocritical, isn't it?
We say, "Do the crime, do the time" and legally, like any contract, you pay your debt with time taken from your freedom and/or money and supposedly, the contract has been fulfilled.
But then, society in general says, "Hold it, we have some unwritten clauses that we enforce, and despite what the legal statute says, we might just want this to be a life sentence. Tough cookies."
And at that point, if you're honest with yourself, you have to freely admit that you did this to yourself. Especially if you're a felon, there are always going to be things that you won't ever be allowed to do again - for the rest of your life. And for a few of those things, society may very well have some justification based on the law of averages or just plain fear.
That's not exactly how it's spelled out in the contract and it certainly isn't what you're told by the justice system. In fact, the whole time they tell you to do your time, get out, and if you don't want to ever come back, do us all a favor and "become a productive member of society" or even "an upstanding citizen".

And given the choice, isn't that the best outcome?
Then you have reality to deal with.

Pretty much like an 80,000 load on a long, 10%+ grade........on the ice......with bald tires, a tired old truck and a near impossible deadline to meet.
Now the hardasses will tell you it's a cinch, but we all know that's gonna take a lot of skill and determination to make it.
And we all know there will be plenty in the ditch who didn't.
Throwing a little salt on the road is actually not a bad idea for them - AND the other drivers who are out there on the same highway with them.

I went with CRST, because i didn't do my research prior to calling them. i saw in the greensheet , "CRST pays 100% CDL training and sets u up with a job. You pay nothing" which is false advertising for 1. Secondly, once i made it to the school, i was told i had to come up with a $75 deposit for the School. "SARAH ZACK" was the recuiter. Also you don't get paid for your training or schooling. EVERYBODY that i went to school with, either got dropped before hire and is going through the same thing i am, or if they made it with the Company they've already quit. CRST is a HUGE JOKE.

Yeah,thay Sarah Zack girl tried to screw me also,nothing she tells you is the truth,but,lucky for me,as soon as i got my cdl i told her to kiss my ass and went to another company.CRST is aweful

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread