Criminal Past

Bill C.

Just being straight up without going into too deep on-line, but maybe someone out there has been through a similar experience with a criminal backround (we're talking 10 years ago). It is pretty extensive. I aced my CDL class A test and am looking for work - but my past keeps coming up. I've been turned down by several companies because of this. I have reputable character references and still am having trouble. If anyone has gone through something similar, please respond. Maybe somebody knows of companies that work with people with past legal problems, but can show they have been trying to do the right thing for a number of years now.

Haven't been in that position, but I hope there are some companies around you that will put you to work.

I remember try seeking out some recruiters. You might find one that knows of some companies that will give you a shot.

*And Welcome To Truckers Forum*

Welcome Aboard......

Well, hopefully someone sees this that has been through what you are dealing with. With no OTR experience, that first job will be the toughest. Once you do fine a place that will accept you, I imagine that there will be some other companies willing to hire you if you find you don't care for the first job.

The important thing is once you do find a place, stick with it until you have a couple years experience. Might not be the best job out there, but it will get you the experience you need to find a better opportunity.

There ya go again 3 posts with the same exact post promoting your website.Would you please quit trying to take their money??????????????????QUOTE=cmrrprlr;191183]If you need help with an expungment, There is a 3rd party company that can help. They help you file pro se and make it easy as possible to get your record cleared. Goto deleted spam link
That should put the code smrrr into the promotion code box for a $5.00 discount. I woulda loved to have this when I started[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Truckers Forum.

Depending on what your record has on it, you may find it difficult, if not impossible to get a job driving a truck. Some felonies and DWI are very serious and with the CSA2010 regs many companies are doing their best to reduce or even eliminate their risk.

You might try going in and talking with a driver manager at a small company if for no other reason than to find out just what the deal is, and how your particular circumstance fits into the bigger picture.

Best of luck!

Depending on what your record has on it, you may find it difficult, if not impossible to get a job driving a truck. Some felonies and DWI are very serious and with the CSA2010 regs many companies are doing their best to reduce or even eliminate their risk.

You might try going in and talking with a driver manager at a small company if for no other reason than to find out just what the deal is, and how your particular circumstance fits into the bigger picture.

Best of luck!

That poor man waited over 4 years for you to welcome him Racer. Step it up!

Best of luck!

I'm a post *****. When I have nothing nice to say, I like to say it twice!

I'm blaming my slow ass interweb connection tonight. I probably hit the refresh button and it resent. I could fix it, but I really am a post *****, like I said.

I'm a post *****. When I have nothing nice to say, I like to say it twice!

I'm blaming my slow ass interweb connection tonight. I probably hit the refresh button and it resent. I could fix it, but I really am a post *****, like I said.

love it just love it...but that may be Bailey talking instead of me.....who knows......

Aw crap! It has been a long day. I have been in two different countries, and two different states in one of those countries. You post ***** you!

Aw crap! It has been a long day. I have been in two different countries, and two different states in one of those countries. You post ***** you!

he may have been in two countries but he crossed back over with out CHOCOLATE!

:faint:

That's just plain wrong :(

It is wrong, for sure, but with the temperature at 10 degrees F, and the wind blowing about 25 mph or so I got a pretty good brain freeze going and all I could think of was crossing back over the Detroilet River into Detroilet (thank you Sinister) and then heading South to warmer climates.

If you ladies like I will submit for public flogging. Just name the time and place.

It is wrong, for sure, but with the temperature at 10 degrees F, and the wind blowing about 25 mph or so I got a pretty good brain freeze going and all I could think of was crossing back over the Detroit River into Detroilet (thank you Sinister) and then heading South to warmer climates.

If you ladies like I will submit for public flogging. Just name the time and place.

I told you domestic is fine....nobody is gonna flog ya....time and place? Thursday Louisville..... :p

Location ...Location ...Location

I just got hired form my 3rd CDL job in a year and each job better than last ...Oh and I just had a DOT failed drug test that I was terminated for 2 months ago ...Still got hired on the spot [ Actually worked with the HR at a previous job ]

Drivers are in such high demand in my area ...Home every night 12 hour shifts 70-80 hours a week ...Thank you natural gas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread