Changes at Celadon

braylean

Just an advance warning, Celadon is now requiring all school graduates too run team for 240'000 miles to pay for school before you can run solo. The pay had been raised to .18 cpm though with a .03 cpm bonus for each driver once they reach 7500 miles each month. That bonus is paid on all miles accrued for that month. So the money is pretty decent at .36 to.39 cpm starting off.

I ballparked the thirty percent part and i did say at 44 hours a week on your part and I used 5000 miles on my part, which is easy for teams. I figure on $40,000 or bit more in the first year.
And by the way..........I haven't worked for "mileage" based pay in years, thats the best way a company can beat you out of your money.
The carrier I'm leased to owns 7 trucks.
The drivers get 25% of gross.
Monday one of the company drivers picked a LTL in Louisville, another one in Rockport In and another pick up in Memphis Tn all going to San Antonio Tx.
That 1200 mile run will pay him just over $1250 or $1.04 per mile.

And by the way..........I haven't worked for "mileage" based pay in years, thats the best way a company can beat you out of your money.
The carrier I'm leased to owns 7 trucks.
The drivers get 25% of gross.
Monday one of the company drivers picked a LTL in Louisville, another one in Rockport In and another pick up in Memphis Tn all going to San Antonio Tx.
That 1200 mile run will pay him just over $1250 or $1.04 per mile.

thats it get out of here you richer we dont like your kind around here:bigpaddle:

Well lets put it gently, if you want to fork over the money to pay my way through a private school or let me borrow your truck for about six months to get My license then I havea way better paying job waiting on me and another in mind if that one falls through so I would be more than happy to leave here right now and head home. Oh but you have to pay me to support my family during this time as well. Otherwise I am stuck right here teaming as much as I detest it and you might as well stop belly aching about it.

Btw, that was figuring 2 days off every three weeks and give thousand miles a week on the full weeks at .19.5 cpm to cover the times we might not make that bonus and it came too something like $37000 a year. And i didn't notice who said it but if you can't maker better than 40000 a year as an o/o after thirty years, your about 29 years and 11 months late on finding another profession. Just sayin. I know cr england graduate that makes more than that,lol.

Well lets put it gently, if you want to fork over the money to pay my way through a private school or let me borrow your truck for about six months to get My license then I havea way better paying job waiting on me and another in mind if that one falls through so I would be more than happy to leave here right now and head home. Oh but you have to pay me to support my family during this time as well. Otherwise I am stuck right here teaming as much as I detest it and you might as well stop belly aching about it.

Btw, that was figuring 2 days off every three weeks and give thousand miles a week on the full weeks at .19.5 cpm to cover the times we might not make that bonus and it came too something like $37000 a year. And i didn't notice who said it but if you can't maker better than 40000 a year as an o/o after thirty years, your about 29 years and 11 months late on finding another profession. Just sayin. I know cr england graduate that makes more than that,lol.
You know, greenhorn, a good bird dog is breed to hunt but still his to be taught. You may turn out to be a damn good truck driver, or you may wash out like thousands do every year.
The main reason they wash out is they have this pie in the sky hope of making big bucks and when there first trucking job slaps the shit out of them there back to where ever they came from.
In a classic greenhorn reply you've mistaking my reply's as belly aching when in fact I'm trying to show you your short comings into an industry with these mega dirt bag carriers that dont a damn about you.

As far as what I make I've done surpass $40K x 2 1/2 and have only worked a total of 6 months and 8 days..........I'll try harder next year.

so did cr england con him into the fleese deal

Last edited:
Celadon is desperate for teams. They don't have enough. I lost count of how many times they sent me (a solo driver) on a team run because they didn't have a team to run it. Which is a ****-poor way to run a company. I guess they finally figured that out. But instead of attracting good teams by making themselves a better place to work, they apparently decided to lure newbies into teaming.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I would recommend Swift to a newbie before I would recommend Celadon. You want paid-for schooling? Go to Swift.

it seems all these companies pull some kind of stunt on the noobs hell there prey as there naive to the industry and have no clue wtf is going on in the industry it's not there fault there just starting out. they should really take there time and do there research to see all the scams some of these companies pull instead of driving off into the wild blue yonder under the sunset with keys in there hands and so worried about driving they really need to do there research first trucking is not going anywhere!! it would save em alot of grief and headaches in the long run:thumbsup:

it seems all these companies pull some kind of stunt on the noobs hell there prey as there naive to the industry and have no clue wtf is going on in the industry it's not there fault there just starting out. they should really take there time and do there research to see all the scams some of these companies pull instead of driving off into the wild blue yonder under the sunset with keys in there hands and so worried about driving they really need to do there research first trucking is not going anywhere!! it would save em alot of grief and headaches in the long run:thumbsup:
How many posts in this forum and others ALL state the very same thing...

DO YOUR FUGGIN RESEARCH!

Here, there, carrier websites, truck stops, rest areas.... get out there and ask!

I'm not offended by anyone asking me questions and the ones that do ask.... I know are serious about the gig.

How many posts in this forum and others ALL state the very same thing...

DO YOUR FUGGIN RESEARCH!

Here, there, carrier websites, truck stops, rest areas.... get out there and ask!

I'm not offended by anyone asking me questions and the ones that do ask.... I know are serious about the gig.
And what is really bad is that the greenhorns who work for these scum companies defend them with their lives. Until they get a real driving job, they will remain clueless.

Then after a few years with a real job, they will bash these scum companies, and the next generation of wheel holders will defend them.

Welcome to the circle of life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread