Cellphone Truckers

user11108

You talk'n to me
I was just thinking how safe can you really drive
talking on your cell phone. is it OK or a safety hazard?:dunno:

Loaded question. For some it's OK while others it's a major safety issue.
For me, it all depends on where and what I'm driving if I'll answer the phone

If you have a headset/bluetooth I don't see a problem with talking on the phone. One of hubby's friends rear ended another T/T and died.

Some drivers speeeeed up and slow down while on the phone cause they can't concentrate. I don't think they realize they are doing it honestly.

One thing though I do see more truckers with headsets than 4 wheelers honestly. One is just as dangerous as the other.

If you want to be on the phone with someone, stop, either on an off ramp, a parking lot, picklepark, or just on the side of the road and out of the way of everyone. If you are driving and talking on the phone, TT or 4wheeler, get a nice big $250 ticket. You all **** and moan about 4 wheelers on the phone, and you are worse when you do the very same thing. Only you are 5 times bigger, and usually 5 times busier. Stay off the phones and drive your truck. There is plenty of time to talk on the phone when you are at a standstill. Just my opinion, and those of you who can't possibly live anymore without a damn phone at your ear 24/7 will tell me to go to hell and mind my own business. That's your privilage, just stay the hell away from me when your on the phone.

if i am on the hwy and just driving and will be for awhile then i will talk on the phone. when i get in towns or cities where traffic picks up and there is alot of stop and go and i'm looking for my destination , i don't use the phone and will tell people i will call them back later. i even turn down the radio so i can fully concentrate on what i am doing.

Cell phones and head sets are one thing. I've also seen drivers watching
there laptop while driving or maybe it was a movie player. i was scared

so true. drivers messing around with the laptop while driving is just dangerous. i have seen that and just makes me nervous. i try not to be anywhere around them

Well this was a bomb.
Q. Whats the diff using the cell and the CB
A. None

We have all used the CB and dont give it a second thought.
Both are as bad as the other. Guilty I am of both and you need to be on the ball.

Both are good when used right, C.B. & cell's.
If something happens in front of ya, some one unless they have E.S.P. can't call and warn u.
cell's keep ya in contact with family, work related needs, and friends.
Been long enough now that alot forget what it was like to fine a payphone.
Don't have to worry bout mine and a lap top he wont touch a puter...lol
He's pencil/paper.

Can't Live Without 'Em....

Many of those people you see with the cell phone glued to their ears, don't have a choice. This is true for women, in particular. They are talking to their life support technician who is on the phone telling them to, "inhale....., exhale....., inhale....., exhale....., breath in....., breath out......" So, you see, if they were to hang up, they would surely die. :biglaugh:

I personally don't understand all the hoopla over using "hands free" devices. To me, it's the conversation that is the distraction, not the cell phone.

And, don't get me started on those "Borg" looking bluetooth gizmos with the blue LED flashing light... "Assimilate, or be destroyed.." :nono:

Many of those people you see with the cell phone glued to their ears, don't have a choice. This is true for women, in particular. They are talking to their life support technician who is on the phone telling them to, "inhale....., exhale....., inhale....., exhale....., breath in....., breath out......" So, you see, if they were to hang up, they would surely die. :biglaugh:

I personally don't understand all the hoopla over using "hands free" devices. To me, it's the conversation that is the distraction, not the cell phone.

And, don't get me started on those "Borg" looking bluetooth gizmos with the blue LED flashing light... "Assimilate, or be destroyed.." :nono:

attachment.php
And it is a proven fact, men out talk, and out gossip us. also we read direction's,so dont need support. Men on the other hand well set an example, INHALE and HOLD.............
keep holding,
I'll let you know when, brb.....HOLD!
View attachment 116

INHALE and HOLD.............
keep holding,
I'll let you know when, brb.....HOLD!

You never came right back. You said you'd be right back. If I weren't about to pass out, I'd, I'd, I'd, I'd...... :thud:

I say go bluetooth. Thats handsfree talking. Depending on who you are and how well you can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time, even handsfree is dangerous for some. Talking on a cellphone could be hazardous for anybody because it ties up a hand and you need both to steer and shift.....right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread