CB Radio Cb installation help

Smoochy570

Ok so i need to hook up my cb radio and want to make sure this is right! In the cubby hole where cb goes there is a coax wire hookup and a black and red looks like wire caps. You stick the wires in here and tighten the caps down? And is it red to red black to black?

Ok so i need to hook up my cb radio and want to make sure this is right! In the cubby hole where cb goes there is a coax wire hookup and a black and red looks like wire caps. You stick the wires in here and tighten the caps down? And is it red to red black to black?
yes....

my truck has black and white...!!!!!

this is where a test light (that i had) came in handy. turn the key on, the red should be the hot, turn the key off, it should kill the power.

I MIGHT HAVE FRYED MINE IDK THE POWER WONT WORK NOW IT WAS WORKING FINE TRIED TO SPLICE INTO OLD WIRES THAT WERER IN HERE IDK WHT TO DO

Thanks Ganthony didn't want to fry a perfectly good new cb
I think the worst that you would do is blow the fuse on the radio, That is what they are there for, Protection. sometimes those fuses can be hard to find but they sell them in packs of four or five.
I went to buy a fuse from a radio shop and the guy just gave it to me. I think the factory fuse was four AMPs but they guy said I could run 5 Amps. That radio is peaked and tuned.

I think the worst that you would do is blow the fuse on the radio,
or this...

electrocuted-man.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread