Caterpillar (CAT) ACERT intake valve actuator wiring replacement

Tim

U.S.Constitution
@Tim submitted a new resource:

Caterpillar (CAT) ACERT intake valve actuator wiring replacement - 45 minutes from start to finish

If you have a Acert CAT odds are your gonna have a wiring issue with the IVA's at some point in time. The cause is oil getting into the wiring plug thus causing a LOW VOLTAGE to the actuator itself.
Its a easy fix with a replacement wiring harness from CAT.
First thing after removing the valve cover is to know what wire is what.

In this case I've done pulled the wire off in question. The IVA is the round yellow thing. The one in the center is for the CAT brake.

View attachment 25351...

Read more about this resource...

ai236.photobucket.com_albums_ff53_anythingracing_IMG_0475_zps49e16a03.jpg ai236.photobucket.com_albums_ff53_anythingracing_IMG_0476_zpsbbdb3b6c.jpg ai236.photobucket.com_albums_ff53_anythingracing_IMG_0477_zps6b246bd1.jpg

This is good stuff. I have a friend with a c13, is it the same for c13 and c15?

A wise man once told me Cummins had a real good design because the electrical parts are on the OUTSIDE where they won't be bathing in synthetic lubricants.

Now, I would agree with that ....BUT....

A Ziplock Baggie would be preferable to the shrinking boots that protect the connections from elements.

That wise man was a idiot! :D

The original connecters did not come with a boot. Thats the problem, it soon lets oil into the harness and for what ever the reason current stops passing thru.
If you go back and look at the first 2 pic you'll see the difference in the old one and the new one.

That wise man was a idiot! :D

The original connecters did not come with a boot. Thats the problem, it soon lets oil into the harness and for what ever the reason current stops passing thru.
If you go back and look at the first 2 pic you'll see the difference in the old one and the new one.
You calling one of the smartest guys I know in anything motor....an idiot!?

You're an idiot!

Reactions: Tim
@Tim

I am going to move this over to the resources section, and leave the discussion thread in here.

Reactions: Tim
What's the part number for that connector?, I can't find it.
Just go to cat tell them you need the connector repair kit for the C15 injectors or actuators. They're the same thing. And those cables break A LOT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread