Brothers feed truckers in southern Pike County

Mike

BRUNDIDGE, Ala. (WSFA) - Imagine you’re a trucker, and you’re truckin’ down the road and you come across this; two brothers waving you down with a free barbecue lunch. It was all a kind gesture to say “thanks” for keeping things rolling during the pandemic.

“My brother called me up and asked me if I wanted to do something for truckers. I got on board. Between the two of us we each put up $500, another $500 in donations. We just want to help the truckers,” said Ken Breon.

“Man, everybody is getting recognition but these po’ truck drivers out here feeding us, taking medicines, taking food, just whatever.. ain’t gettin’ no recognition," said Brundidge Police Chief Moses Davenport.

“They’re under appreciated. Without them we’d shut down completely. Just know people out there appreciation them.. they’re still on the road and do whatever we can to help them,” said Breon.

BRUNDIDGE, Ala. (WSFA) - Imagine you’re a trucker, and you’re truckin’ down the road and you come across this; two brothers waving you down with a free barbecue lunch. It was all a kind gesture to say “thanks” for keeping things rolling during the pandemic.

“My brother called me up and asked me if I wanted to do something for truckers. I got on board. Between the two of us we each put up $500, another $500 in donations. We just want to help the truckers,” said Ken Breon.

“Man, everybody is getting recognition but these po’ truck drivers out here feeding us, taking medicines, taking food, just whatever.. ain’t gettin’ no recognition," said Brundidge Police Chief Moses Davenport.

“They’re under appreciated. Without them we’d shut down completely. Just know people out there appreciation them.. they’re still on the road and do whatever we can to help them,” said Breon.

Kinda reminds me back in the day when I hiked part of the Appalachian Trail...

They called that "Trail Magic"...

Being a Trucker though I happened to acquire Logging road Maps and "detoured" around some of the more "treacherous" climbs...

A day later at the campsite these young college kids were talking about if ya made it they left a cooler full of Pepsi's, Sanwhiches, and Snickers Bars up at the top..

Being "Fatter" back then I was "honest" and showed em my Logging Road Map...

And I pulled a six pack of Tall Boys outta my pack from the gas station I past n said wanna Pack a Bowl n pass it and ya welcome to afew beers..

Kinda reminds me back in the day when I hiked part of the Appalachian Trail...

They called that "Trail Magic"...

Being a Trucker though I happened to acquire Logging road Maps and "detoured" around some of the more "treacherous" climbs...

A day later at the campsite these young college kids were talking about if ya made it they left a cooler full of Pepsi's, Sanwhiches, and Snickers Bars up at the top..

Being "Fatter" back then I was "honest" and showed em my Logging Road Map...

And I pulled a six pack of Tall Boys outta my pack from the gas station I past n said wanna Pack a Bowl n pass it and ya welcome to afew beers..
Another one was Neels Gap Georgia starting out..

30 miles in was a Hostel and this Church Group came set up their grills and Burgers n Hot Dogs all the way around and table with chips n brownies and coolers full up pop..

Before Blood Mountain caught a Bad Storm n my sleeping bag was SOAKED so I paid the $15 bucks n stayed the night.

I let them Baptists just preach as I practically "Inhaled" probably 2 burger, a Hot Dog and sucked down 3/4 pops...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread