Boycott California/get on board!!

freedomroad

CALIFORNIA BOYCOTT!!!!:flame: I'm going to run an idea by anybody that reads this, a signed petition. If I incorporate the petition, can and will all of you unhappy owner/operators/drivers be on board? I will initialize the petiion and get it to every government agency possible, but need backup.
With enough signatures, we might make something happen; and gain some media support, hopefully, soon! Thank you for your support!
Please respond to FreedomRoad.

write it up, but I have to tell you we gave calif. up years ago.
West stops at Texas for us.........
We will sign and get it out through MySpace and other forums that will allow it.
But something I must say, still the question of freight. we have none.
Calif. is still producing.
How do you stand with the rest of us ?

FreedomRoad,

I'm only sharing this little piece of info because I know from experience. A petition to the gov't is futile...as well as getting major media attention. Been there and still doing that. But there is a way to effect some action towards your objective.

Here's some input about what you truly have the ability to possibly accomplish. As a Texan looking in...I, and others, are already suggesting interstate truckers to not go into Cali. You as a Californian should be looking in as well at the volatile situation occuring as we chat...the ballots tomorrow are of a major issue. The shutting off of water to a major part of your state's farmers because of a smelt is another issue...won't be long before tens of thousands of interstate & intrastate truckers won't have any loads to haul. I understand the refer gig from the field to the market. Thousands upon thousands (local truckers from the fields - intrastate truckers to local markets, coops, dryers and warehouses - interstate truckers) are not going to have work because of a little smelt (fish.) Amazing how Cali always seems to throw their constituents well being to the wayside.

Find a way to direct that energy amongst your fellow constituents and shut y'all's trucks off in protest.

I'll help in any way I can. If a petition is the way ya want to go...put up the link and all who are already taking this stand I'm certain will help ya. Any info ya need shared...let us know - we'll help get it out. And here's a pic I created a few months ago when many of us took the stand of boycotting Cali...

View attachment 620

-ss-
View attachment 620

I'll stand with anyone willing to fight for the right to make a decent living without the goverment's intervention the only time Iever heard from any goverment agency is they wanted to send me to war,and they did, or they want tax money or they want to regulate my business. NOW they are working very hard at trying to put myself and many, many more just like me 'out of business',so excuse my rant,but to answer your question,in front of, behind,along side of,and belive me I'm not afraid of a fight and as I told silversurfer the difficult tasks take a little while,the impossible tasks take just a little longer. you tell me where and when to march and I'll be there.By the way Arnie got his butt kicked at the voters booth last week, the voters said read our lips no new taxes. one more thing each time you look west at the pretty sunset,remember the califor-n/a c.a.r.b. snakes are just below the horizon. On a lighter note the cows aren't happy either.

How many threads does thing thing need?

I'm just curious.

I wouldn't want you guys to burn yourselves out thinking up new threads instead of trying to right the wrongs the world's sixth largest economy has put upon you.

Given all the produce and foodstuffs they ship out, I sure hope California doesn't decide to boycott the rest of the country.

All those containers coming out of Long Beach, on and on and on.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate the rules and regs too, but just think a minute.

Idle laws are designed to cut dowsn on smog, which kills people. Idling trucks produce exhaust, which contributes to who knows how many illnesses.

Parking a big truck in a residential area is a pretty moronic idea anyway.

Just playing devils advocate here. Because I think this thing has little chance of success.

The worlds sixth largest economy. All wrapped up in one state.

Think about that.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

How many threads does thing thing need?

I'm just curious.

I wouldn't want you guys to burn yourselves out thinking up new threads instead of trying to right the wrongs the world's sixth largest economy has put upon you.

Given all the produce and foodstuffs they ship out, I sure hope California doesn't decide to boycott the rest of the country.

All those containers coming out of Long Beach, on and on and on.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate the rules and regs too, but just think a minute.

Idle laws are designed to cut dowsn on smog, which kills people. Idling trucks produce exhaust, which contributes to who knows how many illnesses.

Just playing devils advocate here. Because I think this thing has little chance of success.

Think about that.

I here what you're saying...but let's identify a reality. California's status regarding economy is due directly to the rest of our country. They boycott us?...lol...they already have a deficit creating major problems for them. I don't see this ever becoming a possibility.

Now what's your thoughts on the shutting off of water to thousands of produce farmers in Cali? How long do you think this will take before there won't be any produce loads to bring out of Cali?

Also...what's your thoughts on the ports only allowing interstate truckers 12 passes a year. Is this in line with what you are sharing about Cali?

Cali's intentions are to stop the interstate traffic into their state. This is fairly obvious from their actions. They intend to ship their products via train and utilize their intrastate truckers to supply the state. Do ya have any substantial info to come to another conclusion?

Whether this has little chance of success or not...Cali is moving towards a position of making it extremely tough on interstate truckers...effectively keeping them out of their state. So I figure if truckers don't make this stand now...there will come a time when it won't matter what interstate truckers do...Cali won't need 'em.

-ss-

Think about that.

As someone who is setting up the world's sixth smallest economy on my little 2 acres of heaven, I don't need'em.
And if SS is right about their plans to use trucks intrastate and rails interstate, all I can say is let'em.
At that point a boycott/blockade of train tracks would be a lot easier than setting it up on highways....:pistols:
Their economic situation is not conducive to playing "hardball" with anybody right now.

If your little piece of heaven is all you stand for then maybe you should stand down and get ready for what is comming next perhaps your little piece of heaven may turn into a little piece of somthing else! meaning no disrespect sooner or later the American people are going to have to STAND FOR SOMETHING. make some noise, freedom road

If your little piece of heaven is all you stand for then maybe you should stand down and get ready for what is comming next perhaps your little piece of heaven may turn into a little piece of somthing else! meaning no disrespect sooner or later the American people are going to have to STAND FOR SOMETHING. make some noise, freedom road

Rebel is one of the many already standing on this side of the fence, brother. He's been standing up and speaking out quite some time now...just ask his reps about him.

There are many of us out here actively fighting the good fight...but we have also identified the reality of being prepared for what comes. We have been confronted with the blunt reality of the lathargic, empathetic attitude of the masses, and would be fools to not begin taking steps to provide for our families. This does not mean we're giving up...only preparing as we continue to right the wrongs being done.

FreedomRoad...I'm truly looking forward to your ideas of action. And Rebel, my brother, when's that dozer suppose to be done?...lol...There's a good 'ol boy up the road from me with the low boy ready.

-ss-

What's with all the It's to hard i can't do any thing about it stuff? I for one am growing very, very tired of regulation after regulation both on a state, and federal levels. I've been around long enough to see what has been taken away. I belive the right to make a honest living is not asking to much. Perhaps a little more research into the damage some of the regulations cause hard working people. Common sense is a word that can't be used in the same sentence with goverment. Maybe you are content with the things that are going on around you. Most of the truckers that are parking their rigs and having problems with the city goverment own at least one acre,and it appears the only people unhappy with the situation are the agencies of the goverment. It appears from your post that you buy into second hand smoke, man made global warming,bicycle helmets,wind power and all the propaganda you have been fed,if you tell a lie enough times it becomes truth. If all the people that founded this country felt the way you do where would you be. You said you can't fight city hall, how about this, a bunch of kids with not much money behind them;not very well organized, changed history, they stopped the Vietnam war, but it did'nt happen with an attitude like the one you presented. I'm not trying to offend anyone with what I wrote,but if I did so be it. You have to stand for something or you will stand for anything Sometime read some history and maybe you will discover why you have and can put together your little piece of heaven,many others paid for that right and then passed it to you. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!! freedomroad,once agin no offence

I won't even get into your Vietnam comment because this isn't the politics forum, and even in this politics forum, I try to not get too involved because politics isn't my reason for keeping this community open.

However........

It is clear that you, freedomroad, have some sort of plan in place to steer the trucking industry toward the direction that you feel it should be steered.

If you want to take this plan seriously, and if you feel there enough in this industry that will want to push forward with your plan, then you need to take it seriously, and this is where it gets tough.

You need to:

1. Formally start an organization.
    Mission statement, plan of action, and specific stances on current issues and what you plan to do that is better
  2. Create an online presence for this organization (build a website)
  3. Promote your organization
    This costs money, and likely lots of money, because advertising is not cheap.
  4. Build your organization
    Area/State/Regional reps, all promoting the same ideas, and all understanding a common goal.
  5. And Finally, Stand firm in your mission
    If you ever get to the point where you plan becomes a success, there will be pressure from others to sway you into things via money, favors, and other typical political BS. Stand Strong.
Not to be rude, but coming to this trucking forum and talking about doing something is basically doing nothing. We likely won't stop you from doing so until it looks as though your sole presence here is to promote your own organization (lots of latitude given for solid community members), but you can talk until you are blue in the face on a forum like this about "doing something", but until you formally start and go through with something, it is simply talk.

Lots of people show up here when they have something to promote and/or ideas to fix trucking. They show up at other forums as well, but they are generally shown the door via a quick banning. No intentions of running anybody off here, but just want you, and everyone else reading threads by you or anybody else who is out to push for change, to understand that talk is simply talk, and nothing more.

Bottom line is, the more time you spend posting here about how messed up things are, the more time you are wasting that could be spent moving forward with you plan of action.

I personally will support any organization that I feel is on the right track of doing something positive for the industry. I happily pay my memberships to some of them now, and have been asked to represent one of them, which I would if I had the time to properly do the job. I have also thought about getting a grass roots effort going myself, but realize that I don't have the time to properly devote to it, therefore it isn't happening at this time.

FreedomRoad...you obviously haven't taken much time to get to know who you're making this statement to. Brother...I take no offense to this, but neither am I not going to address it.

Take some time and see what my brother and I are about. Here's a link to our most recent action to stop Virginia state troopers from forcing our brother and sister truckers to violate HOS reg's and drive tired.
Petition to FMCSA to remove Virginia's eligibility for federal funding - UnitedCDL

Check out the rest of the discussions within my group, and then make a statement that this 'ol dog ain't standing up and speaking out. Brother, I know your frustrations and anger very well...but nothing will ever be achieved without getting those very emotions under control and act accordingly. And know this...if ya can't identify, accept and speak the truth about the realities about us - you'll not accomplish your goals as well. For the action will not fully address the scope of an issue and most suredly will fail in the end. I will give you an example of this...you made a statement without knowing who you are addressing that statement to. I, as with many others, would be a loyal allie in any battle to right a wrong...yet because I express a reality which must be identified and accepted, you percieved me to be of a different position. This could have cost you a valuable allie, which is important to any action's success.

Nothing but respect here brother...but I have identified, accepted and understand the realities about me...and I stand up and speak out with or without others, and I hold no offense to those that do nothing. I will go to my grave with the clarity of mind that I did everything within my power to right the wrongs...whether I succeed or not. And those that know me will know this as well.

-ss-

Thanks SS.
I was more amused than offended.
The point overlooked was that the world's 6th largest economy doesn't intimidate me one bit.
I'm multitasking. Petitioning my gov't for redress of grievances and at the same time preparing to be independent should they decide not to listen. I'm not burying my head in the sand, but using my Boy Scout motto to "always be prepared."
If Cali wants to shut out out-of-state truckers by using rail - let'em try. I don't think they're in a position to dictate terms.

The comment I made was not addressed to you ,it was to be sent to sinister. I pushed the wrong button. As for the comment about just talking,the position I am taking is talking is going to bring the problem into the limelight and I am gathering infomation by each and every comment,but it appears that the group is not as large as I thought and the feeling of outrage is a small burning ember. I belive the more the ember is fanned the hotter it will get,I'm not walking into this with eyes closed,but fanning the ember. Of course it will offend some people,I may not be the soft spoken type most people have become accustomed to,kinder and gentle won't work ,and I also belive trying to get anything done within the system is a waste of time.At this time I am in the process of putting a plan together and searching for help and ideas.This is a new venture fo me so I'm sure to make some mistakes,I'm trying to make as few as possible ,the feedback I get from you and others like yourself and also from the nay's will help give me a better feel for the general attitude and how many allies there are. I'm sorry for the mistake with regard to my last comment ,but belive me it was not written to you. THIS ONE IS TO SILVERSURFER. Thanks, freedomroad MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

Hi Bullwinkel, I thank you for your input and I agree with every comment you made. however the vietnam statement I made was only made an illustration to show how much can be done,not a statement with regard to anything political.The gays have also done the same thing,MADD has done the same thing. It seems that each group made a lot of noise. Thanks agin, freedomroad MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

The comment I made was not addressed to you ,it was to be sent to sinister. I pushed the wrong button. As for the comment about just talking,the position I am taking is talking is going to bring the problem into the limelight and I am gathering infomation by each and every comment,but it appears that the group is not as large as I thought and the feeling of outrage is a small burning ember. I belive the more the ember is fanned the hotter it will get,I'm not walking into this with eyes closed,but fanning the ember. Of course it will offend some people,I may not be the soft spoken type most people have become accustomed to,kinder and gentle won't work ,and I also belive trying to get anything done within the system is a waste of time.At this time I am in the process of putting a plan together and searching for help and ideas.This is a new venture fo me so I'm sure to make some mistakes,I'm trying to make as few as possible ,the feedback I get from you and others like yourself and also from the nay's will help give me a better feel for the general attitude and how many allies there are. I'm sorry for the mistake with regard to my last comment ,but belive me it was not written to you. THIS ONE IS TO SILVERSURFER. Thanks, freedomroad MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

No harm, no foul.
Makes sense now that I know you pressed the wrong "quote."
I hadn't read this thread for a few days.
You are right, some of us are mad and some don't care.

Freedom,
Are you just one ticked off driver or are there more of you. Are they on the forum? As you can tell from reading post alot of us wont go into Calif. Company drivers will, because they do as they are told. They are just a number who have not a voice.
Calif. on our tag is not even a option anymore for us.If they had a write in place to put why I would tell them.
I asked you befor and I'm asking again. What is on your mind............
The fact that alot of b.s. started in Calif. you are in the perfect place to make the noise you talk about.
What are you doing about the border? How do you feel about it?
Just some questions....................

I'm in the right place,and I've making as much noise as I can,at the present time I am trying to see just how much support I can gather in califor-n/a,and also truckers from any state.I understand you will not run califor-n/a, but if you would take five min. and send an email to the gov. and a copy to C.A.R.B.and tell them why, it may help make some noise. If each and everyone of us would do some small thing it may help get some attention. As far as your question about the border,shut it down,NO MEXICAN TRUCKS allowed past a ten mile limit. I also belive troops on the border to stop the Mexican invasion. OBAMA keeps using the term [rule of law] but it appears only the ones that enhance his and many others political agenda. Some people keep refering to California as the sixth largest economy in the world,it may be but that is the business economy many are on our side,California is the most anti-business state in the union,the state is broke!! The people just gave the state officals and the gov. a good spanking at the voting booth all the tax increases [4] failed [1] passed ,that was to stop pay increases of elected officals. The average citizen has had it. It is begining to sink in,each law and regulation passed on business is passed down to the consumer. Each enviormental regulation passed cost the average citizen money ,the price of every thing impacted increases,from building a bridge to a dozen roses. If you and your network can find the time send an email. Thanks, freedomroad MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread