Bill Mack No Longer A Part Of Willie's Place on Sirius

Mike

Anybody know the scoop on what happened? I don't know for sure if he was fired or if he just quit, but from the facebook posts, it sounds as though Sirius fired Bill Mack. This may be a non-story for some of you, but I have always been a big fan of Bill Mack, dating back to when I was a kid listening to him on my AM radio while I was supposed to be a sleep.

Listening to the "Midnight Cowboy", who became the "Satellite Cowboy" when he joined XM's Open Road is probably part of the reason I became interested in trucking. Really hope he shows back up somewhere, but it is likely that it won't be on satellite radio, meaning my days of listening to him are probably over.

I missed the show today where he announced that this was his last show, so no idea what happened.

Bill Mack is one of the pioneers of trucking radio, and it was a shame that he wasn't part of the trucking channel when sirius and xm merged. Would have much rather listened to him and his many great guests than that "Freewheelin" show which usually annoys me within about 10 minutes.

Anybody know what the story is on Bill Mack's release from Sirius and why it happened?

My first broadcast with XM Satellite Radio occurred on September 10, 2001. Of course, we know what happened the next day. Osama and his thugs crashed our Twin Towers in New York and the Pentagon in Washington. Could be, Bin Laden didn't like what he heard during my initial program on his satellite radio the day before.

Making this subject more interesting, and quite a coincidence, Osama Bin Laden was killed one day after my leaving Sirius-XM Satellite Radio. He may have been running from his hide-away castle yelling to his neighbors: "That lousy disk jockey has finally left satellite radio! Hooray!" His screaming caught the attention of our military --- and we know the rest of the story.

Just a thought.
Bill Mack's Thoughts

no real answers here but this is what I found

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread