Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user11108

You talk'n to me
what is the best laptop for a truck driver?:tiphat:

For the most part, they are all about the same.

if you get one with Vista, get Vista Premium, and get 2 gig of RAM minimum. The more RAM, the better.

If you get one with an Intel processor, get the Duo processor. t8100 is currently the biggest, but one around the 5100 series would do you just fine.

Now i've heard that HP has realy shitty tech support.it's
hard to get anything fixed.my brother got an HP we'll see
how his holds up.

when i ran a laptop in the truck i ran an older model dell, the 1150. i picked it up at a pawn shop years back as i didn't see the need to spend alot of money for a laptop that goes in the truck. i thought about all the bouncing around it would take and the chance of it being stolen and if anything did happen to it at least i wouldn't be out alot of money. and funny thing is i still have this dell and never had a problem with it.

I have a Dell and I don't like it, from C/S to price, options and to just the Windows program. I'm in the market myself and I'm leaning to getting a Apple.

I have a Dell and I don't like it, from C/S to price, options and to just the Windows program. I'm in the market myself and I'm leaning to getting a Apple.

spend the little extra money and do it. i heard once you go apple you never go backle ? uh uh but you know what i mean.

I've had a sony, an HP, a gateway, lets see... a toshiba, and now an acer. The gateway and sony both had screens go out (the sony was high dollar). Cost too much to fix. The HP had an issue wiith where the cord plugged in. Again too much to fix, not worth it. The toshiba and acer are fairly recent. The toshiba went out, sorta my fault. It got accidentially turned off when the BIOS was updating so it wouldn't turn back on. Toshiba support was excellent, although they were all foreigners I spoke to. They paid to have it shipped back via UPS Store and got it back in a week. Not bad. The acer is the newest. I bought it because the toshiba had to be sent off for a week and I NEED a laptop. So I bought it at circuit city for under $600. Pentium, 2GB Ram, vista, etc. Everything you need. Its better than the toshiba in my opinion. The toshiba was $898 at walmart, but has an AMD processor. The pentium is faster. For the price this acer can't be beat. If money were no object and I hadn't invested in two fairly new laptops I would go with an apple. I am not real excited about vista. Its not bad, but I am tired of the updates and microsoft in general. Windows XP was more simple in my opinion and didn't have as many bugs. Plus with apple you can do a lot more in the way of video editing, etc. Its just the hipper, cooler laptop daddy-O. : )

Bottomline: I like my acer even with vista, can't beat it for the price!

That poll at the top is a little misleading. Best meaning price no object? Apple would win hands down. Should say, "best laptop value."

i'm with ya. i have had it with microsoft and all the bs that goes with it. right now i have a newer HP at the house. all the bells and whistles and it has more memory than i can ever use and i had upgrades installed when i purchased it. i am pretty happy with it. it's only about 8 months old now and when i upgrade i am getting an apple. and to finish saying good bye to microsoft i will get rid of that damn xbox360 also.

Ive Used Nothing But Compaq And Theyve All Been Good Even After Hp Bought Em Out Dells Suck Bottom Line Vista Is The Worst Operating System Out And For Some Reason Microsoft Is Gonna Take Xp Off The Shelves June 30, 2008 So If Your On Vista And Want Xp Best Bet Is To Buy It Now
Far As Apple Having More Video Editing Capabilities Its All In The Programs On The Pc That Have Those Capabilities And Programs Are Easy To Come By If You Know Where To Get Em ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread