Being a Slave to Money and Financial Insecurity and More ain't never Enough anymore

Uncle Birchy

When I was a child my mother would say your Dad's so "cheap" and if he doesn't have 15/20 grand in the bank account he starts "Panicking"..

Sad part is today that's roughly the "Current" $pending Power of my Life Savings in a 1970s / 1980s dollars..

One thing my Dad taught me is don't just get a Job..

Learn abuncha stuff and you'll always have "Work" unlike when they'd shut the plants down..

After I got outta PRISON was basically living in a rooming house doing temp service gigs even part time Telemarketing.

As long as I had my room , a bag of weed, booze , and $50 bucks in my pocket at all times thought that was "Prosperity" at the time.

Later I finally got MARRIED and Preggers my Son was on the way.

I "realized" that ain't gonna work.

My father pulled afew "strings" at the Ironworks got me in.

Started out as a pitching the chutes, nailing crates , and eventually trained as Grinder and Pay Raise and that was my STEP UP.

After that Shutdown I worked at a Fan Factory for whopping $10 an hour to start and $11.25 he when they laid me off on the set up line wiring motors and hanging em for the paint and coating racks..

I don't have a Family anymore got more than alot of people could ever dream of Financially yet I'm still scared 2 death..

Even in AA feelings of Financial Insecurity shall slip away

But they never go away

Last edited:

Uncle Birchy

Not that Donald Trump's Jay Powell was any boy-scout he's an insider and Trump's people told him Jay Powell.

Janet Yellen under Joe Biden is gonna be "Worse".

All the Federal Reserve can do is QE and Debase Currency..

This "only" Fuels "Asset" Bubbles like Housing and Wall Street.

Good for Wealthy Folks they got "More" than Enough Already

Chances are most ya loose your SHIRT but what ya had was your life savings or everything.

Yet keeping in Ca$h is also a RISK..

Currency Debasement and Sky High Inflammation once all this STIMULUS finally starts flooding the Market for ACTUAL GOODS..

We need to Jack Interest rates to Paul Voelker days to save the DOLLAR..

But NO WALL STREET and Case Shiller Housing Index Comes first and foremost.

While the WORKING MANS life savings or Dollars get "Eroded" into the Spending Power of an Argentina PESO..

I want to see another GREAT DEPRESSION..

The train need to be completely "Derailed" to Restore the "Sanity"

Uncle Birchy

Not that Donald Trump's Jay Powell was any boy-scout he's an insider and Trump's people told him Jay Powell.

Janet Yellen under Joe Biden is gonna be "Worse".

All the Federal Reserve can do is QE and Debase Currency..

This "only" Fuels "Asset" Bubbles like Housing and Wall Street.

Good for Wealthy Folks they got "More" than Enough Already

Chances are most ya loose your SHIRT but what ya had was your life savings or everything.

Yet keeping in Ca$h is also a RISK..

Currency Debasement and Sky High Inflammation once all this STIMULUS finally starts flooding the Market for ACTUAL GOODS..

We need to Jack Interest rates to Paul Voelker days to save the DOLLAR..

But NO WALL STREET and Case Shiller Housing Index Comes first and foremost.

While the WORKING MANS life savings or Dollars get "Eroded" into the Spending Power of an Argentina PESO..

I want to see another GREAT DEPRESSION..

The train need to be completely "Derailed" to Restore the "Sanity"
I wanna "Correct" something here..

2017/2018 the first few years of Jay Powell's term..

He scaled back QE and jacked interest rates to nearly 2 and some points up from ZERO..

Then in Fall 2019 after the Saudi Aramco Bombing the price of Oil doubled overnight anticipation or War with Iran..

Afew weeks later the REPO MARKETS or Shadow Banking System started to "FAIL" and Wall Street started a SELL OFF

Jay Powell hacked Interest Rates and started QUANTITATIVE EASING once Again.

That restored a sheer mere modicum of Sanity to Financial Markets until Covid19 Spring 2020

After Covid19 they threw pulled all the stops and threw Baby out instead of the bathwater..

Trump/Pompeos Sanctions for Everything "Ultimate" Pressure Campaign didn't help the USA DOLLARS standing as World Reserve Currency..

Infact quite the Opposite

But most ya too Ignorant to know True Finances..

Probably don't even know the "Concept" of Bretton Woods and USA DOLLAR as RESERVE CURRENCY..

Rah rah freaking morons rather scream **** China and **** Europe.

Until the day we become ZIMBABWE or Venezuela.

We flat BROKE And can no longer ENFORE the Dollar as World Reserve Currency

Uncle Birchy

Despite being 20/30 "Trillion" in Debt that can "Never" be realistically Re-Paid

The USA DOLLAR is World Reserve Status.

We also Fund a Mean Military to Bomb anybody wants to Challenge that Order..

But we have lost "Focus"..

China and Russia are teaming up..

Chinas Export driven Economy still depends on DOLLAR so they ain't gonna Screw us "near" Future but they are laying out the Groundwork . .

Russia never actually "Dollarized" so Sanctions don't hit em as much.

Infact as of last year Vladimir Putin declared all "Weapons" Sales shall be conducted in "Rubles".

Russia has also been liquidating Foreign Exchange Reserves for GOLD

CHINA , RUSSIA, IRAN , North Korea even Cuba and Venezuela have a Quasi System of State Run operations trading straight up in usually Raw Goods or their own Currencies

Fast Freddy

I’ve got a picture in my head what’s fueling some of these threads.
giphy.gif

tommyh

I take life a day at a time
so ,today,I have enough cash and credit to get me thru the day
if something pops up
I am not rich but I got a few bucks
thats as good as a million bucks right now
both serve the same purpose but one earns more interest

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Lots of folks have a whole lot more than I do.
I have a whole lot less worries than they do.
I don't have a lot but I don't owe anyone either.

I got a roof over my head, a paid off car I am happiest when my fridge is full.

Am I a minimalist or an under achiever? A bit of both I guess.