Astros Cheating Scandal

I’ll agree, but if it’s not a written rule...then how can it be a punishable rule?
I see ya'll are still scratching your heads over this.

I think it may be one of those vague rules.

Don't care to look at the rules per se but if it does not specifically say no electronic use, then it may like you intimated in a previous post, imply it.

So that this basically makes it a "judgement call" that the league decides if it has been broken

For instance.

If the rule reads something like:....

No team or player shall in any manner take unfair measures to gain advantage of his opponent in the course of a game.....blah blah blah.

So you see, the league can decide if an infraction has occurred. Kinda like an all-inclusive CYA rule.

With all the spit-ball knuckle ball throwing corked bat having things that occured in the past the league
may not want to get too specific otherwise they will be just like the FMCSCA "rule" book always changing
every six months or so.

This is my guess anyway

Last edited:
I see ya'll are still scratching your heads over this.

I think it may be one of those vague rules.

Don't care to look at the rules per se but if it does not specifically say no electronic use, then it may like you intimated in a previous post, imply it.

So that this basically makes it a "judgement call" that the league decides if it has been broken

For instance.

If the rule reads something like:....

No team or player shall in any manner take unfair measures to gain advantage of his opponent in the course of a game.....blah blah blah.

So you see, the league can decide if an infraction has occurred. Kinda like an all-inclusive CYA rule.

With all the spit-ball knuckle ball throwing corked bat having things that occured in the past the league
may not want to get too specific otherwise they will be just like the FMCSCA "rule" book always changing
every six months or so.

This is my guess anyway
That is a very intelligent well thought out explanation and I appreciate it. Thanks.

however I think people are still just whining.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread