Assigned a Unit .."In" for sure

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Its a 2014 Freightshaker Cascadia...

Still class till noon 2morrow actually not class it's meeting with Payroll n I got a "voided" check in my wallet and we go upstairs meet dispatch and operations manager..

Plus they wanna run my unit through the shop and double check before they send me out....and I don't mind that at least they can catch something better than being stranded roadside

So it's another night at the Motel but probably tommorow or Friday after the shop clears my unit will be "Dispatched" and start making some $$$$

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Another thingy I learned today is they set trucks at 65...

So I had better get "used" to the Granny Lane in a 70/75 "Mph" world

Though generally my last several jobs in the country I just roll right about 63/64 and let the rest of the "CRAZIES" pass me by..

Came to realize it only adds about another maybe 15/20 minutes to my entire day although alot less "STRESSFUL" than trying to keep up and pass everything in site..

Therefore ya crazy @$$hole just GO around me

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Rolling 65 is one thing.

How well does it hold the hills is where I find so much time.

I took the "JOB" it's they're system , they're Rules..

Gone this far so Damn it I'm gonna "Ride" with it 4 now ..

Let's see what the "Paychecks" look like..

If $$$ at least 6/7 "Take-Home" every week and I ain't gotta half commit SUCIDE everyday ...then I've "Found" a Home...

If this is like Dejnos **** away half your day then Take Home average was $450/$525 per week I shall make "other" arrangements cause I can make that at a Wharehouse these days and after 40 it's Time and a Half

Last edited:

SueAnn

Staff member
Premium
I took the "JOB" it's they're system , they're Rules..

Gone this far so Damn it I'm gonna "Ride" with it 4 now ..

Let's see what the "Paychecks" look like..

If $$$ at least 6/7 "Take-Home" every week and I ain't gotta half commit SUCIDE everyday ...then I've "Found" a Home...

If this is like Dejnos **** away half your day then Take Home average was $450/$525 per week I shall make "other" arrangements cause I can make that at a Wharehouse these days and after 40 it's Time and a Half
It will all work out. One day at a time. Once you get rolling you'll be a happy guy!
Keep us posted. :x3:

GAnthony

Methuselah
Premium
Its a 2014 Freightshaker Cascadia...

Still class till noon 2morrow actually not class it's meeting with Payroll n I got a "voided" check in my wallet and we go upstairs meet dispatch and operations manager..

Plus they wanna run my unit through the shop and double check before they send me out....and I don't mind that at least they can catch something better than being stranded roadside

So it's another night at the Motel but probably tommorow or Friday after the shop clears my unit will be "Dispatched" and start making some $$$$
it's a new job, a new beginning, good luck.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Rolling 65 is one thing.

How well does it hold the hills is where I find so much time.
To me it's more of an annoyance factor than an actual time issue when you have plenty of power but the stupid programming is what cuts it back.

Doesn't really affect my day much but when I can stomp the throttle and GAIN speed (as opposed to just letting cruise do its thing), I get pissed. 😏

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
The part that pisses me off about my Volvo vs my 14L is how bad the fall off is going up hills.

2400 torque is a big change from 1750.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Where I run 65 isn’t too bad.

Until you run up on a Magnum company truck that’s set to 64.8.

You have to be real careful you don’t make a mile long list of enemies taking forever to get around him.
Dude I love a good turtle race! I like when the one in the right lane wins and the one in the left lane has to go back to tailgating him until they wreck or until the next down hill.

AllabouttheBS

DRIVES ME NUTS
Premium
my 65 mph truck hasn't affected my pay any as long as i am available 5 days a week i can take 48 off still get this not too awful for a company driver
You are currently enrolled in the guaranteed minimum pay program.

At this time your calculated minimum pay is $ 1,399.95 per week.

This amount is subject to change, please verify with your fleet leader.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Where I run 65 isn’t too bad.

Until you run up on a Magnum company truck that’s set to 64.8.

You have to be real careful you don’t make a mile long list of enemies taking forever to get around him.

I usually back off some in that I don't like riding sides for miles and miles..

Some of these guys can't even keep they're trailer inside the lines on a good day if they tried

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Bumped the cruise down 1-2 plenty this week because of the this week to let them win. Gets old. You see them with the glazed look staring down the road.

The really scary ones have their tablet on the steering wheel watching movies. Not paying attention to the world around them. If they did, they'd roll into the turbo as the hill approaches. But they live on cruise and just coast.