Are we headed for a Recession?

Cybergal

One in three Americans expects a U.S. recession in the next year, and less than a quarter think home prices will rise, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.

Do you think we are headed in this direction?

Considering we will be knee deep in the process of electing a new President, this is probably correct. The economy generally goes downhill during this time due to all the uncertainty.

Short answer, yes. The housing boom accounted for % 42 of new job growth in the last 5 years. Those jobs were one of the major reasons we stayed out of a recession in 2002. Well, that and defense spending. Now that the housing market is in decline alot of those jobs have disappeared. That is why unemployment has risen in the last two months and it hasn't bottomed out yet

yes. look at the canadian dollar. worth more than ours now or soon to be in a few days. last time this happened ? the great depression. it's fixing to get nasty and cut throat. i hope it won't be as bad as i think it is gonna be. all i can say is thanks Dubya for all you do for me.

yes. look at the canadian dollar. worth more than ours now or soon to be in a few days. last time this happened ? the great depression. it's fixing to get nasty and cut throat. i hope it won't be as bad as i think it is gonna be. all i can say is thanks Dubya for all you do for me.

The canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar in 1976 during the Ford years. It was around the time of the WIN Program. Remeber the fuel crisis.

The canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar in 1976 during the Ford years. It was around the time of the WIN Program. Remeber the fuel crisis.

forgot about that. i went back a little farther. so that makes it about every 30 years then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread