• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Anyone know what i will be doing in my orintation at prime as a E seat

Anyone have any info on E seat orientation and the skills evaluation they will be giving?

OK, you're going to get a refresher course. Probably the same basic sim stuff that the student drivers get, then some time with an instructor locally and training pad drills. That part will be the basic evaluation of where you're at... of course I'm guessing.

You'll also get some time with a trainer OTR, determined by how well you do. Safety, dispatch and your trainer will determine how long before you get turned loose. This is a guess on my part.

Its mostly to break any bad habits that have crept into your driving during your layoff.

OK, you're going to get a refresher course. Probably the same basic sim stuff that the student drivers get, then some time with an instructor locally and training pad drills. That part will be the basic evaluation of where you're at... of course I'm guessing.

You'll also get some time with a trainer OTR, determined by how well you do. Safety, dispatch and your trainer will determine how long before you get turned loose. This is a guess on my part.

Its mostly to break any bad habits that have crept into your driving during your layoff.
Thanks I appreciate all the info it really gives me an idea of what I'm looking forward to

Accommodations are at a nicely renovated motel that Prime maintains for folks here for training, upgrades, etc, the Campus Inn. There was a cafeteria there for breakfast and lunch - you get a daily allowance for meals, but the rest is on you. They also have an in-house medical staff for DOT physicals.

The training is done now in the brand new Plaza building that is colocated with the training pad. That's across from the main terminal. The grill in the main terminal runs 24 hours a day now... really good food.

Prime runs a shuttle service to get folks around. There's a Walmart Superstore and a couple of C-store within walking distance of the Campus Inn.

Last edited:
BTW, if the doctor flags you for a sleep study, they are done in a third party clinic that has a facility at the Campus Inn. Just so you know, it's not an automatic sentence to a CPAP machine. I got flagged this year, and was cleared from having sleep apnea.

BTW, if the doctor flags you for a sleep study, they are done in a third party clinic that has a facility at the Campus Inn. Just so you know, it's not an automatic sentence to a CPAP machine. I got flagged this year, and was cleared from having sleep apnea.
They said if I didn't pass my skills evaluation I'd go to a seat D and do 3 to 4 weeks as a psd and have to sign a 1 year agreement with them but it's like riding a bike you never forget

They said if I didn't pass my skills evaluation I'd go to a seat D and do 3 to 4 weeks as a psd and have to sign a 1 year agreement with them but it's like riding a bike you never forget
Sounds about right. D-seats are student drivers who go out with an instructor, then get an additional 20,000 miles with a trainer.

They're not set in running you through the PSD program, but it dies depend on how well you do in the initial evaluation. I'd still bet you'll do some time with a trainer though.

Sounds about right. D-seats are student drivers who go out with an instructor, then get an additional 20,000 miles with a trainer.

They're not set in running you through the PSD program, but it dies depend on how well you do in the initial evaluation. I'd still bet you'll do some time with a trainer though.
Oh yeah a trainer for sure I have a friend that is coming in for thanksgiving and I'll be going back with him to Springfield they have it set up where he will be my trainer is rather be retrained it will help me get refreshed and settled back in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread