• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Any experience with Roehl Trucking and others

Does anyone have any experience with Roehl. I will be going to CDL school and they are one of the companies that will hire after graduating. Their website has alot of info, and looks and sounds great, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences, good and bad. Also any info on Swift,JB Hunt,Panther or any other large carrier that hires right after school.

I'm not sure how the pay is at Roehl but I do know they offer a variety of options when it comes to home time. I would also look into if they have dedicated customers in your general vicinity. If I were just coming out of driving school I'd be somewhat concerned about going to a real large fleet like swift or J.B. cause of getting lost in the shuffle.

I know the pay won't be very good for a while.Unfortunately, the majority of options coming out of school are with the large carriers. All the ads for others say at least 6mo.-1yr.OTR.

Is Schneider,[SNI], saying 6 months? I was with them for 1 1/2 years, and thought them good. No matter who you go with, you're right, the pay will be low at first. You just work your way up. What's your location? Someone may have a terminal near you, not just Roehl.

I've heard Roehl is a great starting company. I don't know about the pay but they seemed pretty decent when I was looking. Only down fall, they are slow movers on the highways and by-ways.

Is Schneider,[SNI], saying 6 months? I was with them for 1 1/2 years, and thought them good. No matter who you go with, you're right, the pay will be low at first. You just work your way up. What's your location? Someone may have a terminal near you, not just Roehl.
I'm in the Columbus ,Ohio area so I have many choices.

Have you ever considered looking into Fedex Freight? I know they have a good size terminal near Columbus. The down side is that you'd most likely have to start out on the dock and just do occasional driving work, but it could be a way to get your foot in the door. If that isn't what your looking for then I think your making a good choice narrowing your chooses down to Schneider and Roehl.

I'm in the Columbus ,Ohio area so I have many choices.

Ya, you've got quite a few choices there. Now, do what you want, but SNI, Schneider that is, has a terminal in Obetz they just opened about a year ago. NO! I'm not a recruiter!!! There's nothing in it at all for me. I said that simply because I was pro SNI on another site, and I was accused of that.

I know right where they are. I'm only about 15 mins. from them. How do you feel about them?
Heck 15 minutes from them can't beat that.So if they decide to leave you stranded just make sure it's at that terminal,LOL.I'm kidding.I have never heard anything bad about this company so I think you made a wise decision.

I know right where they are. I'm only about 15 mins. from them. How do you feel about them?

Schneider? Let me put it this way; If ever I had to go back OTR, and could find nothing with a small company, they'd be getting a phone call. I was treated very well there, I only quit because of problems at home, nothing driving related. The trucks aren't the nicest or fastest, and a little more can be had elsewhere, but overall IMO, they're a good company. I never felt lied to or misled. You can walk right into your home OC and talk to anyone you want, no appointment, no bullet proof glass. That new terminal in Obetz was bought after I left them. It's the old Useless xpress yard. From what I understand, SNI made quite a few improvements there. Really, you could do a lot worse than them.

Does anyone have any experience with Roehl. I will be going to CDL school and they are one of the companies that will hire after graduating. Their website has alot of info, and looks and sounds great, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences, good and bad. Also any info on Swift,JB Hunt,Panther or any other large carrier that hires right after school.

roehl in general makes u sit alot unless your a precious trainer or x trainer.pay is average and u must get mpg,idle goals to get raise.hometime is only good thing about roehl, if u dont need money and like watchin dvds in truck great place..they for sure hire and fill as many of theier trucks as possible to cover thier butts.and drag down driver miles not much driver respect shown.but i would guess most otr companies are alike.otr is rough in general.

roehl not good low pay ,need to meet mpg.idle bs to get raise ever.,eqiup stinks.hometime good.money not really.alot of sitting.alot of new mexican made junk trucks..low respect to drivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread