Another dang n00b.

Myself and my girl, are soon to be "empty nesters". I have one son and he's 18 soon and my little pigeon will leave the nest (and poop all over everything somewhere else).

Girl and I are committed to making a lifestyle change, giving up our house, using our vacation property in the mountains as our permanent base of operations.

We are in AZ. We currently have not been hired by anyone. We're a stable couple who gets along well with or without adversity and desire to drive as a team.

So far we've been contacted by CRST who offers training at Cedar Rapids or Denver. The problem with Denver (other than the fact that it's Denver) is separate, based on gender, sleeping arrangements. Now my girl is pretty resilient, but telling her we have to sleep apart every night would not help us get along. Bad enough we'd be apart for a month for OTR training...we'd get through that, but not being able to be together nightly would cause us some grief.

I also have an 18 year firearms manufacturing business that I'm in the process of closing out. It's not as easy as it sounds with Federal paperwork "in process" for many months to come.

So, other than the typical "what to watch out for" questions and solicitation of advice. Which any good n00b should ask, I guess my query is regarding companies that train teams in Phx or the West.

Thanks in advance for your sage words of advice.

KV

Oh..... the cynicism flows hard. Poor Injun. :(:(

Me and my bf made the same decision back in January. We went through the swift academy in Idaho. And they had similat policies. Hotel while in school is seperated vy gender (unless married,which we ate not) we were able to make it work though it was difficult. You do have the option to pay for your own room and stay together.
Then the training... there is no way around that you have to go out with a trainer seperate. That was 5 long weeks of not seeing him. It was very hard for is both. But now that its over and we are team driving, it was well worth it.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

My girl is one of those rare birds who keeps her pie hole closed unless she has something constructive to say.

The banal, vapid and inane yammerings of women will drive any man insane over time.
Mine's normally quiet but every once in a while she gets in this mood where she can't stop talking for ten seconds.

Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap ..... there's no end to it.

Mine's normally quiet but every once in a while she gets in this mood where she can't stop talking for ten seconds.

Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap ..... there's no end to it.

*yackety yackety yackety yackety

You're welcome.
;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread