Alchemy 101, and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

So..yeah. Called her good 7 days early.

Now, I'm gonna sit home and play Mr. Mom until 10/17 when I head to Menominee.

Hey, you wanna pick up some cash?
I've got a load of green tomatoes to smuggle into Canuckia.
:)

Welp...I dropped my last trailer at the tank wash in Neenah today.

Yesterday I delivered a load of Peroxide to Green Bay, and that went well.

While I was doing this, a local driver whose only been here a few weeks was supposed to load a trailer for me, going to Wisconsin Rapids, and he instead quit because he couldn't find the trailer, and a million other reasons. I'd heard that guy was kinda a nightmare and not going to make it anyway.

That's where it started to go downhill.

So I grabbed the trailer that didn't have a wash ticket, and my dispatcher forged a wash ticket. Didn't really care because you could tell this trailer was clean, just that someone didn't leave the ticket on the front of the trailer like they were supposed to.

I live loaded, went back to the yard to swap trucks, because he thought mine was due for service and headed out to the paper mill.

Turns out my truck was not due for service until the END of the month.

As I was opening the internal valve on this 1997 model trailer, the copper line that supplies the emrgency shutoff burst, and the internal valve wouldn't open. At this point, I had about 4 hours left on the eLog. I called in, suggesting that we bring the trailer back to the yard, all of an hour away, and fix it in the morning, then redeliver.

"No no, we gotta try for tonight yet. We gotta get that fixed. Can you ______ or maybe _____?"

"No, I'm in whatshisface's truck, and my tools are in my truck."

"I know a guy who can help us."

So, 2 hours later, we had a new copper line spliced, and I went back into the mill.

While I was delivering I ran out my 14.

"You can use the 16 hour exception, I need you to load in Oshkosh at 8am."

While I was unloading, I looked up the 16 hour exception.

It basically only applies to the local guys. Yes, I just came off a 34 restart, but my previous 5 "duty tours" did not start and end in the same place, so it's a flimsy loophole at best.

I asked the mill if I could take a 10 hour break on the property, and they said no.

So, with zero time available, at 1030pm, I drove back to Plover 20 something miles, violating the **** outta the eLog and got a room at the Super 8 on my own dime, which I will never be reimbursed for.

This morning, when I got moving, he calls me *****ing that I screwed him up for today with who was covering what load.

I sat for a minute thinking about this while the truck warmed up, then drove across the street to get coffee from the Kwik Trip and headed back to the tank wash. I dropped this trailer that was supposed to be OOS to begin with, and went to the yard.

Cleaned out both trucks, and turned in my key to the terminal, and my fuel card.

And the pinnacle of this episode...

"Aww man, don't do that, I still got loads to cover."

Then he shows me the printout of the very PDF file I looked at last night with the 16 hour exception on it, and continues to argue.

"You can put a note in the peoplenet."

"There is no way to out a note in the peoplenet."

"You should have called Steve G, he knows how to do it."

"I called Steve last night, and left a voicemail. He has not yet called back."

"You should have called extended services, they could have helped."

"They would have told me that the exception does not apply, and a ten hour break is required."

Then the phone rang, and he walked back into the cave.

I left.

So..yeah. Called her good 7 days early.

Now, I'm gonna sit home and play Mr. Mom until 10/17 when I head to Menominee.
You are a better man than I. I would have told them to go **** themselves weeks ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread