• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

A woman at USA Truck

Wrongway

Being a woman at USA Truck is a problem. They will not allow women in the bunkrooms while the truck is in the shop for repairs.
They tell me we dont give women bunkrooms. We put them into a hotel. So i say hook me up im tired.
And they say oh we dont do that you have to talk to your dispatcher so i call him Marty Leaky and he says im not going to put you in a hotel because what if your truck gets fixed tonight ?
So im just left outdoors because of my dog . he isnt supposed to come inside the terminal but i was going to sneak him into the bunkroom anyway. He is so small and quiet nobody would know he is there. So i was left outside like that for five days in the west Memphis heat. Every night they bring out my truck so i could sleep but all day i was homeless in the heat. That how they do women.

Being a woman at USA Truck is a problem. They will not allow women in the bunkrooms while the truck is in the shop for repairs.
They tell me we dont give women bunkrooms. We put them into a hotel. So i say hook me up im tired.
And they say oh we dont do that you have to talk to your dispatcher so i call him Marty Leaky and he says im not going to put you in a hotel because what if your truck gets fixed tonight ?
So im just left outdoors because of my dog . he isnt supposed to come inside the terminal but i was going to sneak him into the bunkroom anyway. He is so small and quiet nobody would know he is there. So i was left outside like that for five days in the west Memphis heat. Every night they bring out my truck so i could sleep but all day i was homeless in the heat. That how they do women.
You need to switch carriers. That is just plain wrong.

If they are providing bunk rooms for men, and refusing the same for you, I would be on the phone to HR immediately.

As for being outdoors because of a dog, that's nothing to do with being a woman, that has everything to do with the fact you have a dog. Many carriers won't even let you have a dog in the truck, I would imagine that fee are going to allow them to be inside the building.

Living like that for 5 days? The shop should have been able to give an estimated time for the repairs to USA and they should have given you accomodations.
If everything you say is true and I believe it is, You are in fact being discriminated against.
Day one I would be on the phone with my DM and working my way up the chain of command until I had accommodations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.