A wife beater,Sweat pants,Fflip flops.

The hobo look was so last year, the tramp look is the in thing now, try to keep up.

LOL, next time I service the peterbilt I'll take a few pictures so you can see just how effective a monthly power washing is.
Meant my big truck, my pick up is pretty easy but my volvo semi is a pain right in the backside. Has a set back ISX, and rails are low to the ground, I still don't have my dream garage built so I run it up on 4x4's to lube it. Plus I'm sloppy, like to get into my work

I was going to get one of those valve plugs so all I have to do is flip the lever but I didn't feel like shelling out $50 bucks for something I can do with a wrench in 10 seconds.

I never could get those to not leak, so I gave up on them.
I was going to get one of those valve plugs so all I have to do is flip the lever but I didn't feel like shelling out $50 bucks for something I can do with a wrench in 10 seconds.

I think it depends on the person.Now u see some 500 lb person wearing sweat pants and flipflops,my imagination tells me things and I don't mean good things either.I've seen good looken guys walk into the trk stop with their pjs on and they look dam good.Sweatpants can either make a person look heavier or niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.I think what sets a bad example for any company is a bunch of tatoos and piercings and a long gray beard with tobacco and food stains.Now if your going to a customer you should look professional.Some cust have been known to drop companies just because of the way the driver looked.I always wear clean clothes.But sometimes when getting fuel,the fuel will get on my clothes and I won't wear that to a customer.I also think your attire could also mean on the company as well.You drive for some company that delivers to say construction sites or mud pits all the time then it should'nt matter if you wear something with a half moon showing,LOL.

It's all about having a good image and showing the world that you take pride in yourself, your company, and actually give a damn. If I owned a warehouse and placed an order with "Company XYZ" for the first time, and the first driver that arrived to deliver the load to my warehouse looks like he just came fresh out of a homeless shelter, then I'm going to assume that the company doesn't care about their appearance. As drivers we are usually the first to interact with the company's customers.

Take coach and limo companies for instance: What type of impression would you get from a bus or limo driver that stepped out of their vehicle clad in a wife beater, shorts, and flip-flops? Probably not a favorable one.

Mr.Q,I think you hit the nail right on the head,Take pride in oneself,I just wear clean jeans and a clean t-shirt so i`m not fancy.But if we are to change the perceptions of truckers to the gen pop that would be a good start

I tend not to judge,, I usually wait and do my laundry till when I absolutely have to and when that time comes sometimes I can't. So I end up wearing things I usually wouldn't get caught dead in. I don't own any tank tops but a few sweat pants for sleeping in. Since I haul steel, most of my road clothes are long sleeve shirts and jeans with workboots.
I don't think a persons attire would classify him as a wife beater.That would be how he acts and walks and talks.Some of these guys wear sweats into the truckstop and they are big but coming from a womans point of view,you can't help but like em because they just have this teddy bear attitude.

Well, I mean if she won't listen.............

Disclaimer: Just an attempt at humor,a poor attempt I'll grant you. Please save your righteous indignation for something that may actually deserve it. Again, humor.....no malice.

LOL,Now you're not like that.
Well, I mean if she won't listen.............

Disclaimer: Just an attempt at humor,a poor attempt I'll grant you. Please save your righteous indignation for something that may actually deserve it. Again, humor.....no malice.

We should be carefull about drawing the line in the sand right in front of our own feet...

That being said: I don't think it makes a difference to the customer in most cases - they just want cheap rates. OTOH: how one dresses, and carries himself, speaks volumes about that person (not that it matters). I'm glad I don't have to be a tie wearing poser anymore. Levis and t-shirts for every occasion. It just fits my lifestye best.

This thred has gotten poff topic.

Drunken indignationm deems that I correctct that. \
\
Get on topic people.

Or...

I forget....gnight./

I'm not working today, so is it OK if I put on shorts, my old tore up Vans, a ratty t-shirt without sleeves, and go prowl the local Walmart to see if there are funny looking people wandering around there?

I'm not working today, so is it OK if I put on shorts, my old tore up Vans, a ratty t-shirt without sleeves, and go prowl the local Walmart to see if there are funny looking people wandering around there?

You might end up on people of walmart .com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread