a trucking documentary

not-a-trucker

hi truckers -
Jack here. I'm not a trucker - but I've always been fascinated by the transportation of cargo, and life on the road.

I'm interested in making a film about you, your industry, the road, and maybe what it all says about America today (if anyone wants more details, shoot me a message).

I've got some work to do before I could get this project off the ground, but my question for now is: would your community welcome this sort of study? would anyone let me ride along, talk to them at truck stops, etc? Your answers and opinions are much appreciated.

Thank you, and on behalf of all the four-wheelers out there -- very sorry.

- Jack

hi truckers -
Jack here. I'm not a trucker - but I've always been fascinated by the transportation of cargo, and life on the road.

I'm interested in making a film about you, your industry, the road, and maybe what it all says about America today (if anyone wants more details, shoot me a message).

I've got some work to do before I could get this project off the ground, but my question for now is: would your community welcome this sort of study? would anyone let me ride along, talk to them at truck stops, etc? Your answers and opinions are much appreciated.

- Jack
I only hope that you can do a better job than your predecessors on depicting life on the road and the struggles. I think you need to pick a good subject driver first.
Of course there is no one type of driver or lane or category of freight.

I only hope that you can do a better job than your predecessors on depicting life on the road and the struggles. I think you need to pick a good subject driver first.
Of course there is no one type of driver or lane or category of freight.

thanks RJ. I'm with you about picking a good subject -- good story is always driven by good character. Definitely interested in those on the long haul. And solely for ease of access, probably an independent contractor... I'm just not sure how to find and gain access to that driver.

Always hoping to do better than my predecessors. You know of any in particular?

you want to make a film about trucking. get your cdl and learn how to drive and do it for a while that would give you first hand experience. we could tell you about alot of things but it will be nothing like first hand.

Well the last guy they tried this with crapped in a bucket, never washed his hands , and told them he had to pee in a bottle because of HOS.

Yeah stellar ****ing example of those glorious O/O cowboys of the highway:rolleyes:

hi truckers -

- Jack
i have seen some "documentary's before. not too many times, the trucker is is a good light. somehow, someway, the darkside is ALWAYS included, like the hookers, the drugs, the drinking.

i'd personally wouldn't watch yet another hacking of this industry.

Want to make a true story of how it is? Go to a produce shipper or grocery DC and talk to the independents. Ask them how long they've been sitting, waiting to be loaded or unloaded, how much the forced lumper service is going to cost and what they will have to do to make the next appointment on time. Shed some light on the rampant driver abuse that goes on in this industry, especially on the grocery side.

Don't forget about the man who does this and has done this already.

Chris Fiffie

You can finds his videos on Youtube @Bigrigvideos

BigRig Videos

That might be a great place to start...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread