A new chance

Gator

Road Warrior
I just had a question. most of you know i am a o/o for landstar but here recently i got offered a job to work for the Texas mail service, and the benefits seem pretty fair. the only thing i don't like the idea of is the layovers but they pay for a hotel room for me, they provide a pickup truck to go out around town or get a bite to eat and i would be home about 3 to 4 days per week. the duties consist of picking up a load of mail locally here where i live and delivering it to Midland TX and staying overnight then picking up another load and take it back home with me. both the fuel and the room is paid for as well as any mechanical problems to the rig, trailer, or the pickup truck.

Plus landstar is fine with me hiring someone to drive my personal rig. so the question i have is what has anyone heard about driving for the mail services good or bad or have actually drove for them and have any thing to say about them good or bad. i am kind of going for it but i will miss the otr that i love but it would be easier on me since i am getting older. just wondering if there are any horror stories about them or anything like that so i can weigh my options.

And if you don't want to leave a reply you can just click on the poll, thanks in advance.

I just had a question. most of you know i am a o/o for landstar but here recently i got offered a job to work for the Texas mail service, and the benefits seem pretty fair. the only thing i don't like the idea of is the layovers but they pay for a hotel room for me, they provide a pickup truck to go out around town or get a bite to eat and i would be home about 3 to 4 days per week. the duties consist of picking up a load of mail locally here where i live and delivering it to Midland TX and staying overnight then picking up another load and take it back home with me. both the fuel and the room is paid for as well as any mechanical problems to the rig, trailer, or the pickup truck.

Plus landstar is fine with me hiring someone to drive my personal rig. so the question i have is what has anyone heard about driving for the mail services good or bad or have actually drove for them and have any thing to say about them good or bad. i am kind of going for it but i will miss the otr that i love but it would be easier on me since i am getting older. just wondering if there are any horror stories about them or anything like that so i can weigh my options.

And if you don't want to leave a reply you can just click on the poll, thanks in advance.
Go for it... I think it would be a great gig.... I have been on a dedicated run for sometime now, knoxville to chicago twice a week... I was nervous about it at first but the money is consistant and im not running all over the damn country...

I am seriously thinking about it. I am the weirdo of the driving industry for the fact that a really do enjoy being out on the road driving across the country. and thats why i am still kind of thinking about it, but i am getting older and the runs anymore ain't getting easier. and what i mean by that is i am noticing more aches and pains than i used to, which would make this a good change for me.

But what has anyone heard about driving for the postal service. are they fair and treat the drivers right or do they hire you on with this good sounding job and then start piling more and more duties on you or cutting back more and more with you or start finding faults with you that don't exist. if anyone knows anything about the company that sure would help me out. you can even send me a private message if you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread