Announcement A few big changes coming: Groups will be phased out, and we will be looking for some new moderators. (1 Viewer)

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
Threads
We are talking about him being the trouble. Yet he is so close to agreeing with the negotiations!
So you're saying I have competition for first to be banned??!!! We'll see about this!

:biglaugh:

Mike

Staff member
Threads
So you're saying I have competition for first to be banned??!!! We'll see about this!

:biglaugh:
We've aqcuired so many boat people, but have never had one of their leaders show up on one of those boats. It would be like a world changing event if we could manage the complete transition from being a leader of communism to being a leader of a republic!

Mike

Staff member
Threads
A bit of a flip flop on this.

As we removed social groups, it became clear that social groups were probably a good idea to keep available. A good enough idea that I reinvested in a few add-ons that will make it work.

The difference will be that in the beginning, I planned on creating multiple groups ( or recruiting members to do this) in order to make more facebook like features available. Since that wasn't working out, we shut that plan down.

Goring forward, Social Groups will be available. I have not yet 100% decided how this will go forward, but at a bare minimum, social groups will require Premium Membership. Creating grops may require a higher membership, or possibly requested for approval, time will tell. For now, though, this will be a feature for Premium Members only.

Since we are on the topic of Premium Membership, this also currently provides a 100% ad free user experience.

Another option we currently have available is "Supporting Member". This is for members who want to vew less ads and show support for the site. Cost is slightly below the cost of Premium Membership, but does not provide access to Social Groups. It does provide less ads, but does not guarantee a completely ad free experience.

We will be enhancing these account upgrades as time goes on, and making higher end options available as well. At some point, once we get these nailed down, we may even offer lifetime subscriptions to our top tier account upgrades.

The ultimate goal of this is to provide a community that is mostly funded by the membership rather than network ads. Many reasons for this, the biggest being that network ads dictate what we can do as a community.

As we develop these account upgrades, some of the content on our forum will ultimately be wrapped up in these. Areas that we feel are valuable to the community but may cross the lines of what advertisers want to associate with.

More on this as we continue development.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
Threads
A bit of a flip flop on this.

As we removed social groups, it became clear that social groups were probably a good idea to keep available. A good enough idea that I reinvested in a few add-ons that will make it work.

The difference will be that in the beginning, I planned on creating multiple groups ( or recruiting members to do this) in order to make more facebook like features available. Since that wasn't working out, we shut that plan down.

Goring forward, Social Groups will be available. I have not yet 100% decided how this will go forward, but at a bare minimum, social groups will require Premium Membership. Creating grops may require a higher membership, or possibly requested for approval, time will tell. For now, though, this will be a feature for Premium Members only.

Since we are on the topic of Premium Membership, this also currently provides a 100% ad free user experience.

Another option we currently have available is "Supporting Member". This is for members who want to vew less ads and show support for the site. Cost is slightly below the cost of Premium Membership, but does not provide access to Social Groups. It does provide less ads, but does not guarantee a completely ad free experience.

We will be enhancing these account upgrades as time goes on, and making higher end options available as well. At some point, once we get these nailed down, we may even offer lifetime subscriptions to our top tier account upgrades.

The ultimate goal of this is to provide a community that is mostly funded by the membership rather than network ads. Many reasons for this, the biggest being that network ads dictate what we can do as a community.

As we develop these account upgrades, some of the content on our forum will ultimately be wrapped up in these. Areas that we feel are valuable to the community but may cross the lines of what advertisers want to associate with.

More on this as we continue development.
Well... whatever you did kicked me out of Channel 19.

Mike

Staff member
Threads
Well... whatever you did kicked me out of Channel 19.

Groups were completely removed. They have been brought back. There is a new channel 19 group that you will have to request membership to, or be invited to.

Old Iron

Premium
Threads
I come in here with the other refugees. In that time we been bounced around several different places. Logging into different looking screens time after time. I appreciate you making room for us. I really do.

You got an address I can mail cash to? Cause to be honest I ain't hot on the idea of giving out a credit card when I don't even know who is handling things.

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
You got an address I can mail cash to? Cause to be honest I ain't hot on the idea of giving out a credit card when I don't even know who is handling things.
He accepts avacados as a form of payment too but they gotta be fresh. You can just call his local Walmart and have them delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread