A dozen lawsuits now filed against Caterpillar over ACERT engines

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By Clarissa Hawes, Land Line staff writer

A dozen lawsuits have now been filed against Caterpillar Inc. over alleged defects with its C13 and C15 engines.
In the latest class action complaint filed in federal court in Michigan, Ricky A. Williams of Detroit claims he purchased a tractor with a 2007 Cat engine. He alleges in the complaint that he suffered engine and regeneration problems “resulting in substantial damages.”

Williams claims in the suit that he and others proposed class members started experiencing problems with their Caterpillar Regeneration System, or CRS, not long after purchasing their tractors.

full story

I have 6 ACERT C13's but I bought them used. Most have "intake Actuator" issues along with other EPA mandated pieces that go crazy.

I'm really interested in the final word on this and the ensuing outcome. Pretty sure it's not over by a long-shot...this is just cracking the can of worms open!

Next up will be Cummins.

@mndriver ... I believe the EPA's culpability should be primary in the outcome seconded by the manufacturers for producing and selling a known product that was a failure from the onset!

If this product was installed in the everyday 4 wheelers vehicles, the recall list would have buried every manufacturer. Why has this fiasco been allowed??

I have 6 ACERT C13's but I bought them used. Most have "intake Actuator" issues along with other EPA mandated pieces that go crazy.

I'm really interested in the final word on this and the ensuing outcome. Pretty sure it's not over by a long-shot...this is just cracking the can of worms open!
This lawsuit is not about the Acerts that you have, skipreader. Its about the 2007 to 2009 engines. Yours are 2004's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread