• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

700 Million to YRC Earlier This Year.

When I was a can hauler we would slip seat, like literally one driver gets out and the other was waiting to get in didn't matter what truck showed up while you were waiting, the next truck in the yard was your truck.
Shit would get busted up and garbage pilled up on the passenger side. Nobody ever knew who was the cause of it.

The owner made a lot of money this way and he worked around the clock himself. He died a wealthy man :rolllaugh2:
Mileage and wear racks up fast when they're run at or near 24/7/365 and no one is held accountable for damages.

Figure average 50mph times 24 hours that's 1200 miles a day. 8400 a week. ~400,000 a year. I know it's not exactly that solid but still it's a helluva lot more than an OTR truck.

Mileage and wear racks up fast when they're run at or near 24/7/365 and no one is held accountable for damages.

Figure average 50mph times 24 hours that's 1200 miles a day. 8400 a week. ~400,000 a year. I know it's not exactly that solid but still it's a helluva lot more than an OTR truck.
Our trucks pile on mileage like crazy too. Especially the rotation program trucks. The 5 day trucks run a little less.

Difference is, we wash and maintain them, and the interior should be kept pretty spotless.

Our trucks pile on mileage like crazy too. Especially the rotation program trucks. The 5 day trucks run a little less.

Difference is, we wash and maintain them, and the interior should be kept pretty spotless.
The slippery-do-dahs at Pumpky are high mileage already too.

Can't deny they get their money's worth though. Those trucks probably pay for themselves in a year or less.

At least they're in a useable spec for a second hand sucker to give them a run though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread